Force India 2017 Drivers: Spirited or Dangerous?

Oops, there is no curb. But it's still called Turn 2. Write a letter to the Spa officials if you think otherwise.
What you don't understand is that calling it "turn 2" doesn't mean you have to apply the rules that you would apply in an actual turn. It's not a case that they didn't even give it a name.

What you don't understand is that calling it "turn 2" doesn't mean you have to apply the rules that you would apply in an actual turn. It's not a case that they didn't even give it a name.
Yeah nevermind, it must be important to him. I mean, they changed the corner numbering this year at the Red Bull Ring without changing the track. Maybe he'll explain us that the new turn 2 kink there must be taken single file just like at Spa.
Or maybe they should add a sign telling that overtaking is only allowed on the left.

Why not? Kimi passed Schumacher there, Leclerc passed Rowland (or someone else, I don't remember) on the same day. Beautiful moves. Yes, you should be careful and not push your luck if you can't make it clean. But in this case we have no idea what would have happened because Perez just pushed Ocon into the wall because that's how he drives, he's a very dirty and intimidating driver.

And to say you shouldn't even try to pass into Eau Rouge is just wrong. You should try a move whenever there is an opening. What shouldn't happen is to push your team mate into the wall twice in the same race and get no penalties, that's what shouldn't happen.
There's no point in passing at Eau Rouge as first of all it's very dangerous and second of all it's much easier to pass on the following straight....

Racing Incident, only cos it's Force India it's being made into something more. If Ocon was more experienced he could've setup the move better, the gap was going to disappear.
Still I hope they keep battling, it's almost as interesting as the championship fight.
Also, funny how Perez is considered a dirty driver now. People are fickle

Villeneuve's opinion is worthless: he plays bigmouth whenever he can on each and every topic.
As always what happened on track is peanuts compared to the web/media generated buzz. One piece of front wing flies into air and it becomes a murder...
:laugh:
Oh what do you know ...you're blind. Obviously. :D
In the second the track narrows on his side and he...
Track narrows on his side. :laugh: Priceless. :laugh:
This should be sticky - for future references.

Kimi passed by drafting Schumacher through Turn 2 and passing his LEFT into Eau Rouge. I don't know the other pass you're referring to.
Watch the second F2 race from Spa and you'll see Leclerc's pass, on the right side, by the wall and into Eau Rouge. And there were more than one move during that race into Eau Rouge on the right side.

@mclarenf1papa True, but look at Raikkonen's pass. He passed Schumacher on Kemmel straight, the next lap Schumacher passed him back because he was still in the DRS zone. Then the next lap Kimi passed into Eau Rouge and had DRS on Kemmel straight and managed to break free from Schumacher.

Anyway, it doesn't even matter where you try to pass, you simply don't put your team mate into the wall twice, when there is plenty of room. Perez's move was stupid and deprived us of what could have been a long battle or maybe even a great pass into Eau Rouge.

Karma is a bitch, Perez.
Have to agree on this part. But... on totaly different matter. :geek:
Remeber guys Perez from a start of his F1 career, in McLaren particularly ?
He was waaay too aggressive and overambitious (like he was some sort of evil Vettel/Verstappen/Kvyat clone:x3:) probably cause he was obviously number 2 driver in team so he tried so hard to compensate that.
Well... now he's number 1 (at least in his head) so he can't really let youngster to wrestle him off of his throne. Even if that means to kill them both in process. :D
Although... Ocon mentioning that "Perez was about to get his child soon and trying to still kill himself" ...I find that's going too deep into private matters and a little bit tasteless too. :speechless:

Perez big mistake was not having the correct motor mapping at the start. He was able to pass Hulkenberg on T1, but after it the Renault gain on him and so Ocon.

He said he did not saw Ocon as he was positioning his car to pass Hulk, he even lift so Ocon can make the turn and passed him. And yes, he said he took blame of that incident.

On the second incident, Ocon had a chance to be close to Perez, not close enough to try a pass but not even close enough to put a considerable part of the car side to side. The race line at that part of the track moves to the right in order to prepare entering Eau Rouge. Perez said he was not expecting Ocon doing the pass, as he was not close enough. Any other driver would have waited and prepare the car on Eau Rouge.

I think there are many sim racers here, so I ask, how many times do you guys have faced a similar situation? I all the times wait an prepare myself for Eau Rouge and then do the pass on Kemmel straight. Usually trying to pass on Eau Rouge you will pay the price to have a slow exit which will be carried on through all the straight.

Ocon was upset on the radio. He complained how Perez undercut him, even by waiting for the 5 seconds penalty. I think he was on a hurry to pass Perez and put himself on a difficult situation. He should have waited. If you ask me, that was a rookie mistake, just like what he did on Baku.

I rate Ocon high. I think he is a very good driver, but it gives me the impression that he is trying to hard to impress.

I just watched the first GP3 race. Someone should tell those kids to calm down.
Hyman overtook Calderon on the right (how dare he !) between La Source and the Raidillon even if it's an incredibly dangerous move.
(that was sarcastic).

I think there are many sim racers here, so I ask, how many times do you guys have faced a similar situation? I all the times wait an prepare myself for Eau Rouge and then do the pass on Kemmel straight. Usually trying to pass on Eau Rouge you will pay the price to have a slow exit which will be carried on through all the straight.
That's if you're driving a terrible closed-wheel car without DRS (easy assumption to make seeing as you play AC), so your simracing experience hardly applies. F1 cars have DRS, so you will be faster after Eau Rouge even if you make an overtake there, as the other car will be slowed down as well. That's why Webber passed Alonso and Raikkonen passed Schumacher there - the latter in particular was constantly stuck before doing so and easily pulled away to finish 3rd as a result of the overtake.

And yes, I myself have done it in AC, AMS and the CM F1 games on several occasions. It's a perfectly normal move if you're in a straight fight with nobody around you as Ocon was with Perez the second time around. If you're too slow out of Eau Rouge as a result of trying the move even in closed-wheel cars, then you need more practice taking the attacking line there.

Ocon took the calculated risk that any good driver would. By not doing so yourself and by not applying 100% of the blame to Perez in this situation, you're proving that you yourself are not yet good enough.

Last edited:
That's if you're driving a terrible closed-wheel car without DRS (easy assumption to make seeing as you play AC), so your simracing experience hardly applies. F1 cars have DRS, so you will be faster after Eau Rouge even if you make an overtake there, as the other car will be slowed down as well. That's why Webber passed Alonso and Raikkonen passed Schumacher there - the latter in particular was constantly stuck before doing so and easily pulled away to finish 3rd as a result of the overtake.

Really? with or without DRS, if you have a non optimal exit after Eau Rouge, you will be slower through Kemmel compared to an optimal exit on that turn. Can you explain just what you mentioned? because it just does not make sense at all. And how the simracing experience hardly applies here?

Compared to the different passes mentioned, Ocon was not able to place the car side to side to Perez. He should have realize that before trying to squeeze on a non existent gap.

It's a perfectly normal move if you're in a straight fight with nobody around you as Ocon was with Perez the second time around. If you're too slow out of Eau Rouge as a result of trying the move even in closed-wheel cars, then you need more practice taking the attacking line there.

That situation would usually lead to a side by side on Eau Rouge, and being on the inside line on turn in will not result in a better exit, resulting in a non optimal speed on Kemmel (with, without DRS). Please elaborate more on that "attacking line" which I really cannot figure out what you mean by.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back