force feedback will not work on formula force ex

Alen Pecanin

Premium
Hey guys, its a sad day today, and its been a sad week. Hours behind the pc googling and fixing the wheel didnt help. so I ordered a new wheel but that didnt work too.

here's the thing. I havent been sim racing since last year. I played rfactor like 3-4 times for christmas, when I was playing the ffb suddenly stopped working. I tried all USB ports, I've got 8 of them. Tried re-installing the usb-drivers. tried re-installing the logitech drivers, re-installing rfactor, and dont ask how many times.

and my ffb wont work, and Im racing, well sort of, without ffb :( so after I ordered the new wheel, I tried a fresh re-install of the logitech profiler, still no ffb, even not after the calibration @ install.

but I ran this driver update scan, recommended by download.com and other sites so it could check which drivers were out of date. and there were 8 where all of them were connected to the USB The Intel(R) ich9 family usb universall host controller was outdated. and by googling sh*t for hours, it said that it had something with the chipset to do. So I smashed the driver&utilities cd into the cd-rom and isntalled some weird chipset drivers, it didnt work.

has any1 other here expirienced this? can any1 help? I hope not 1 but I hope for 2 lol. please, I wanna race again :(:( if I dont get this fixed I'll re-install Vista tomorrow to check out if that helps at all :(:(

tnx in advance for respenses and comments

i haven`t a clue then sorry, seems you`ve tried almost everything. thats why i mentioned the power supply as i`ve done that nood error before lol

so its looks like you may have to reinstall windows :(

no problem, thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it. maybe I'll get the chance to kick your ass on the track one day, after this problem gets solved, if you play rfacotr :D ^^

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 365 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 508 39.0%