Force Feedback settings

Corr.. lots of info. Thanks for explaining clipping... had me stumped...
Well cut my FFB from ... max down to 10. Its better for sure but there is nothing in a strait line is there... With it maxed out there was lots of force to fight against and it is going to take a bit to get used to it now. But, its better for sure.
Did 2 races at Summit Point tonight (new the track from last week end : ) and in the 2nd race got my first podium. Yahoo. 3rd, but was second and dropped it at the lefthander in the middle just before the complex bit... tosser! Still upped the rating by 60 so gotta be good.

Thanks Guys.
Catch you on Sunday night.
Regards
George

Dunno for the G27, but for the G25, put your FFB @ 107%, not 101%.
@ 101%, you dunnot get rid of the deadzone in the middle of the wheel when going straight. It is particulary annoying with the Star Mazda and the Skip. @107%, the deadzone goes away and you can finally go straight without having the wheel to vibrate like hell

Joe....how are you setting up your steering lock ingame with the Momo???? I've been doing the fool the calibration thing setting it at 450, which feels pretty good. 900 feels too squirrely especially in a straight line. Ive tried 675 which isnt too bad and have recently been fooling with 540. I tried setting it up the standard way (just letting the game set it when you put the wheel at 90) but the steering is WAY to slow at that setting. I know the Momo's actual lock is only 270.

I'm a FFB junky. Like, really, the stronger the better. Tried the settings at 101,0,0,100, and didn't work out well at all. But now I see you guys have it 101 (or 107), 0,0,0. Does reducing the centre spring make that much of a difference?

I wonder ( maybe my age) what is that makes FFB helpfull for you guys? This is a serious question no flame intended.

I find it so distracting.. far from what i expect to feel in a wheel, i hour real car i feel the whole car with FFB at high settings in games i feel like its all beeing forced trough my wheel which makes me react to stuff i dont need to react to and it feels very unnatural...?

I cannot drive as well without FFB... I just dont feel the car at all... it compensates pretty well the lack of feeling under my ass pretty much :)
Also I was used to drive a car with no assisted direction and the feeling I get from my wheel feels somewhat similar.

I wonder ( maybe my age) what is that makes FFB helpfull for you guys? This is a serious question no flame intended.

I find it so distracting.. far from what i expect to feel in a wheel, i hour real car i feel the whole car with FFB at high settings in games i feel like its all beeing forced trough my wheel which makes me react to stuff i dont need to react to and it feels very unnatural...?

It helps me to more precisely place my car on the track. With low FFB I tend to throw the car into a corner too strong and through the remainder of that corner I am just making correctional steers. With high FFB, I'm just smoother.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back