If you are struggling with FFB here are the settings that I use:

Intensity: 100%
Smoothing: 0%
FFB Spring: 20%
Damper: 0%
Steering Force: 75%
Minimun Force: 20%
Understeer: 60%
Vertical: 100-180 depending on car (gives you better feel of tyres on road)
Lateral: 50%
Rack: 100%
Slip: 75%
Engine: 10%
Kerb: 30%
Shift: 30%

Then just adjust your FFB Multiplier in your steering setup settings to keep your FFB within the yellow and red lines on the FFB graph.

Last edited:
@RasmusP I've mentioned it many times before as people religiously setting spring/damper to 0 irk me.

Basically, even though those people will tell you it's "canned effects" that are laid on top of the FFB that is output by the sim, the reality is that for a long time, what these really are is just another set of programmable (!) effects for the devs to use. With many games/sims, it doesn't even matter what you set those to as the game is not even using these (and since they're not "put on top" as suggested, you don't feel any difference). AMS is one of those I believe.

In some games, they are actually being actively used as part of the *intended* FFB effects, so setting these to 0 actually takes away some parts of the FFB (with AC, for example, you lose the resistance of the wheel to turn on a static or very slowly moving car, with Dirt Rally, for example, you lose a considerable amount of tyre effects, which can lead to the ironic situation where people set damper and spring at 0 because "you're supposed to" and then complain about the FFB missing some information ;) ). In many games that do use these effects you have some kind of slider available to set them directly in-game (see iRacing and its damper slider - if you set your damper to 0 in your wheel settings, that slider does nothing, no matter how you set it, for obvious reasons).

And yes, then there are some games that do not really bother, and in those (rare) games, you might get an impression that spring and damper are just "laid on top" of the rest of the FFB, but it's not because that's what they do, it's because the devs of that game basically just turned the effect on and did nothing else with it.

I only recall two games in the recent months/years I had to touch the default settings for. One of them is WRC7, which did use damper and spring for a considerable part of its FFB and, in its original release, didn't include any real options to adjust the individual parts of the FFB (that has since been remedied in a patch), and the other one was Dakar 18, but that only involved adding a bit more auto-centering spring, since the game doesn't really have a lot of self-aligning force. But auto-centering spring is a different option from the spring setting mentioned above, as that one *is* actually laid on top of the rest of the FFB and is not programmable, which is also why it's off by default, at least in TM drivers.

@RasmusP I've mentioned it many times before as people religiously setting spring/damper to 0 irk me.

Basically, even though those people will tell you it's "canned effects" that are laid on top of the FFB that is output by the sim, the reality is that for a long time, what these really are is just another set of programmable (!) effects for the devs to use. With many games/sims, it doesn't even matter what you set those to as the game is not even using these (and since they're not "put on top" as suggested, you don't feel any difference). AMS is one of those I believe.

In some games, they are actually being actively used as part of the *intended* FFB effects, so setting these to 0 actually takes away some parts of the FFB (with AC, for example, you lose the resistance of the wheel to turn on a static or very slowly moving car, with Dirt Rally, for example, you lose a considerable amount of tyre effects, which can lead to the ironic situation where people set damper and spring at 0 because "you're supposed to" and then complain about the FFB missing some information ;) ). In many games that do use these effects you have some kind of slider available to set them directly in-game (see iRacing and its damper slider - if you set your damper to 0 in your wheel settings, that slider does nothing, no matter how you set it, for obvious reasons).

And yes, then there are some games that do not really bother, and in those (rare) games, you might get an impression that spring and damper are just "laid on top" of the rest of the FFB, but it's not because that's what they do, it's because the devs of that game basically just turned the effect on and did nothing else with it.

I only recall two games in the recent months/years I had to touch the default settings for. One of them is WRC7, which did use damper and spring for a considerable part of its FFB and, in its original release, didn't include any real options to adjust the individual parts of the FFB (that has since been remedied in a patch), and the other one was Dakar 18, but that only involved adding a bit more auto-centering spring, since the game doesn't really have a lot of self-aligning force. But auto-centering spring is a different option from the spring setting mentioned above, as that one *is* actually laid on top of the rest of the FFB and is not programmable, which is also why it's off by default, at least in TM drivers.
That was in depth! Thanks :)
Much learnt about all those games!
You misunderstood my question thought. Or well my question was poorly written. I meant the spring setting in the raceroom options and thought you meant that setting too when you where saying "that not just a centering spring effect".
Do you know something about that specific raceroom setting too?

Damn... I might've misunderstood more of the conversation in that case :redface: And no, I have no specific knowledge about spring setting in Raceroom. Not sure if there is any specific knowledge to be had, though, I'd think it's just exactly what it says on the tin - a spring setting ;)

If you are struggling with FFB here are the settings that I use:

Intensity: 100%
Smoothing: 0%
FFB Spring: 20%
Damper: 0%
Steering Force: 75%

Damn... I might've misunderstood more of the conversation in that case :redface: And no, I have no specific knowledge about spring setting in Raceroom. Not sure if there is any specific knowledge to be had, though, I'd think it's just exactly what it says on the tin - a spring setting ;)
Hehe I think the "where do you find a spring on a real road" rant was based on the settings noted down in the very first post of this thread. "FFB Spring: 20%" which relates to the raceroom options judging by "intensity" etc around it.
And when you said it's actually something you might want to use I got interested in trying that setting when booting up raceroom the next time :)
I guess I'll just try for myself and keep spring and damper in the logitech driver at 100% :cool:

BTW, there's some suggested FFB settings on the official forum for those interested:

Here's Alex Hodgkinson's settings (Raceroom physics developer):

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide.55/page-21#post-167455

And here's fresh new settings from Thomas Jansen, one of the beta testers:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide.55/page-25#post-173249

I did try both (adapted for my T300) and I've found Alex's settings too heavy for my tastes, but I quite like Thomas' settings (though I had to raise the steering force intensity to about 70-80 %, otherwise it felt too light for me).

BTW, there's some suggested FFB settings on the official forum for those interested:

Here's Alex Hodgkinson's settings (Raceroom physics developer):

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide.55/page-21#post-167455

And here's fresh new settings from Thomas Jansen, one of the beta testers:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide.55/page-25#post-173249

I did try both (adapted for my T300) and I've found Alex's settings too heavy for my tastes, but I quite like Thomas' settings (though I had to raise the steering force intensity to about 70-80 %, otherwise it felt too light for me).
Ahh the old rule still applies I see, dev/enthusiast heavy and over emphasised, tester/racer light and nimble. For myself, somewhere in the middle. Is there a more subjective subject, probably not, I even argue with myself about this regularly, one day it's great, the next, meh!
I try to give any tweak plenty of time, I tweaked for a reason, so, at least try again next day with a fresh outlook, so easy to setup extra profiles, making side by side testing simple. Do hate it though, have no trust in my own feeling from one day to another, can drive one doodally! :O_o:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back