Force feedback questions

Thanks,
My G25 wheel with the current (edited by me) settings has the wheel rapidly moving from right to left before I pull out of the pit box. Also, while driving, the wheel wants to move rapidly from right to left. So, as I drive, I am fighting the wheel. I know this a result of my FFB settings.

Having said that, I prefer lots of feedback, I want to feel what the car is doing, but I don't want to fight the wheel as I am forced to now.

Last edited:
Here's a link to RD's wheel settings thread.

I don't have much experience with Logitech wheels, but the process I went through might help you out.

What I did was start with a car and track I knew very well. Then I took each of the wheel settings and one at a time changed the value to the minimum, went out and drove and paid attention to what happened. Then I changed it to the maximum and did the same. The last step was to go t the middle and try it and then tweak a bit at a time to find the sweet spot.

Keeping in mind, that changing some of the settings can affect how others affect your wheel.

I know it's not a 'here's the settings you can use' kind of thing, and it's a little time consuming, took me about two and a half hours. But, my wheel is set the way I like it and behaves the way I want it to.

If you have any other questions, keep them coming. I'm sure some others will chime in as there are a bunch of people here with much more knowledge than I.

Cheers.

Thanks, I appreciate the pointers. One of the best FFB racing games I ever used was GTR2, after installing the FFB mod. There were a more than 20 items you could play with including signwave settings that affect how amplitude signals were sent to the wheel. If you have driven in ice, snow, or rain, you know what wheel feel you get when you are turning and the front wheels lose grip. With the setting in the GTR2 FFB mod, you could tune in that feel. I have never gotten that kind of perfection from any other racing game and I am still looking for it in the modern batch of race sims.

Anyway way. I will keep playing with the game settings. BTY, with the G25, I can change the FFB settings from within Assetto Corsa or, I can use the settings from within the wheel interface in Windows. Which are you referring to?

The wheel oscillating on straights is generally a symptom of badly configured FFB settings. In this case I'd assume you have 107% or higher overall force set in Logitech Profiler. Drop it down a bit and the oscillation should go away.

Yes, the overall force settings are higher than 107. I will back them off a bit.
yeah thats your problem, i use 100% in profiler and 78% gain in game, centering spring disabled and set to 0%.

theres only so much force you can get out of the logitech wheels, if you push it much further than what im using then you're just causing the ffb to become less detailed and cause undesirable effects like you describe, and probably unnecessary wear on the motors. solution, buy new wheel

yeah thats your problem, i use 100% in profiler and 78% gain in game, centering spring disabled and set to 0%.

theres only so much force you can get out of the logitech wheels, if you push it much further than what im using then you're just causing the ffb to become less detailed and cause undesirable effects like you describe, and probably unnecessary wear on the motors. solution, buy new wheel

I did drop the levels and the oscillations stopped. The result was a much smoother driver input, as I was no longer fighting the wheel. Yes, I was concerned about the motors in the wheel.

As far as a new wheel is concerned, I am considering a Fanatec wheel. I am using a Clubsport V1 pedal set (fantastic product BTY!). I've been wanting for Fanatec to come up with something that would be compatible with PS4 and Xbox One. Though, must of my driving is on PC and Xbox 360. Don't know what to do. Anyway, the Fanatec GTR2 and GTR3 wheels look good right now.

Any recommendations?

I did drop the levels and the oscillations stopped. The result was a much smoother driver input, as I was no longer fighting the wheel. Yes, I was concerned about the motors in the wheel.

As far as a new wheel is concerned, I am considering a Fanatec wheel. I am using a Clubsport V1 pedal set (fantastic product BTY!). I've been wanting for Fanatec to come up with something that would be compatible with PS4 and Xbox One. Though, must of my driving is on PC and Xbox 360. Don't know what to do. Anyway, the Fanatec GTR2 and GTR3 wheels look good right now.

Any recommendations?
hmm not got any experience with anything other than g27, their top end product looks awesome but is too expensive for casual simracing. if AC multiplayer gets improved and really takes off, or pcars turns out to be awesome then id consider the investment, but for now g27 is great, im not fussed about the overall weight of the wheel. from what ive read, people with the powerful wheels end up running them at lower strength anyway

50% gain in game controls (0 filter, damp, and rest) and 100% in logitech (rest 0 and unchecked, except allow game to adjust). I found no clipping while turning and going over kerbs. The wheel is soft on straights, but has the necessary weight and ffb info when turning the car, both narrow and wide corners.

Been using lately 95% in logitech with 55% gain, but I returned back to 100/50 as I'm worried if there's more wear when setting other than 100. Heard motors can fight each other and there's more hardware wear (heat?).

Last edited:
50% gain in game controls (0 filter, damp, and rest) and 100% in logitech (rest 0 and unchecked, except allow game to adjust). I found no clipping while turning and going over kerbs. The wheel is soft on straights, but has the necessary weight and ffb info when turning the car, both narrow and wide corners.

Been using lately 95% in logitech with 55% gain, but I returned back to 100/50 as I'm worried if there's more wear when setting other than 100. Heard motors can fight each other and there's more hardware wear (heat?).

You raised an interesting question for me. There are the Logitech settings within Windows, and there are the settings in the game. The Logitech setting within windows has a check box to allow the game to adjust the feedback. I always thought that checking this box meant that the settings in the Windows would no longer affect the game FFB. How does this work? Are both setting (Windows and game settings) taking part in controlling the FFB?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%