Force feedback question for Thrustmaster F1 integral owners

I am considering this wheel & pedal system for playing F1 2011/12. I am wondering if the force feedback is much different from other (cheaper) systems you have tried. Do you feel all the curbs as you run over them? Is the quality of the feedback more intense than other wheels you have tried?
I own an older logitech momo force feedback wheel and I'm not sue if I should buy the whole system, or just the $200 wheel and adapt it to my existing base. Thanks

crank

Ok guys noob question I know but I know jack s**t about computers, I just got a T500 and F1 add on wheel, instructions say I must update firmware before I can mount the wheel. I will be using this on PS3 only (for now) so question is, do I still have to update firmware and if I do have to, how? Sorry for such a simple question (for those in the know) but your answers will be much appreciated.

The update is a vast improvement but I personally found the over steer issue with PS3 games to still be there but is less prevalent with the F1 rim compared to the original.Let me know know if I'm crazy or not but definitely update.

Upvote 0
I've got a G27 so will be an interesting comparison, the G27 pedals have the nixim mod which is a massive improvement so yes I'll post my thoughts when I've had a decent amount of time on the T500. Will be doing 3 50% races next week at Valencia all no assists so expect a report end of next week. If looks were a factor the T500 is miles ahead :p

Upvote 0
Not a report of the new wheel i'm afraid more a cry for help! I've got an intermittant problem, when I turn full lock right it sometimes switches the screen to rear view for a second or so, which is a real problem. I've just emailed Thrustmaster customer support, any of you guys got an idea about this?

Just read that the load cell mod for this should be available from July :D

Upvote 0
Do you have a button on the wheel mapped for looking back? If so there could be an issue with the board in the wheel flexing at full turn or there might be an issue with the cable inside the wheel causing this. If you don't have the look behind mapped to the wheel then I have no clue.

Upvote 0
If changing the mapping fixed the issue, then there is definitely something going on internally on your wheel that should be looked into. I would notify TM if the wheel is still under warranty to see if they can resolve this.

Upvote 0
yes it's definately cured it, just done a couple of hours no probs :D I will notify them Jim its only few days old.

First impressions are very good (even with the slight fault) wheel is a big step up from the G27 IMO, ergonomically its a dream as all funcions are easilly managed without taking your hands off the wheel, the precision and feel is exceptional and I'm 100% satisfied with it so far. I haven't began to play with the in game settings and FFB so it can only get better, the pedals which I was extremely sceptical of are great, in fact I would go so far as to say slightly better than the G27, certainly no worse. If the load cell option materialises then WOW this will be a serious bit of kit. (ps I haven't used the GT rim yet so can't comment as yet). PS3 and non-assists settings suggestions welcomed :)

Upvote 0
Just had the same problem and figured out what it was, If the rim isn't tightened all the way and that little screw in the back underneath isn't snug the rim eventually loosens and the controls start crossing, I noticed the look and the pit limiter functions going all haywire in sharp turns and realized the ring in the back had started to loosen.

Upvote 0
Sorry for double post?
Miguel's suggestion has cured the problem :) so big thank you to Miguel!
I've had two 50% races(online equal non-assist + online 2011 performance non-assist)) and a fair bit of practice (online) since my last post and I'm just lovin this wheel. I honestly thought the pedals would be a "weakness" compared to my old G27 with nixim mod, but I have no reservations in recommending them to anyone, the pedals like the wheel are a step up rom the G27.
PS3 users, I've got all in game settings at 0% with exception of steering saturation 10%
FFB 20% 100% 50% (not spent time playing about with these yet but feels good).

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back