F1 2011 force feedback on the DFGT

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Is is just me that thinks the ffb on a dfgt wheel is utter crap?

I can't believe how bad it is, it's worse then in tdu2, totally unrealistic.
I fiddled with the settings for about an hour to no avail.

Enviromental effects: hardly does anything. I have it on 100. I's noticable but abit weak.
ffb strength: Now this is bad. When set to 100 i can hardly move the steer. When set to 10 it is still way to hard to move the steer.
wheel weight: doesn't work at all on a dfgt.

Then there is the way the ffb works when taking a corner. It's absolute pesh. Hard to explain just what it does but it makes no sense to me.

Abyone else using a dfgt having these issues?

I had massive problems with the DFGT at first. Disconnect the wheel by the USB and start F1 2011. Then exit the game, re-plug wheel in and start game again.

I've got the profiler settings set at 50%/50%/50%. 30% centering spring and 270 degree of lock with allow games to adjust settings ticked.

Ingame I've got 0% enviroment effects, 10%/10%. Works alright for me. Choose DFGT option, then change to custom and make sure override is set to 'steering wheel'. This way, all ingame buttons work (like d-pad up, down etc) but you don't need to use the default setting for the DFGT which is terrible.

Btw, I too had the issue with FFB settings being very stiff at first. I still have the problem of FFB just 'giving' up half way through a corner...it's not right, but it's manageable at least.

I had massive problems with the DFGT at first. Disconnect the wheel by the USB and start F1 2011. Then exit the game, re-plug wheel in and start game again.

I've got the profiler settings set at 50%/50%/50%. 30% centering spring and 270 degree of lock with allow games to adjust settings ticked.

Ingame I've got 0% enviroment effects, 10%/10%. Works alright for me. Choose DFGT option, then change to custom and make sure override is set to 'steering wheel'. This way, all ingame buttons work (like d-pad up, down etc) but you don't need to use the default setting for the DFGT which is terrible.

Btw, I too had the issue with FFB settings being very stiff at first. I still have the problem of FFB just 'giving' up half way through a corner...it's not right, but it's manageable at least.

Thanks for that i will try it out.

Yea, when entering a corner the wheel gives alot of resistance and then suddenly it stops. Can't take a proper corner like that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.3%