Force feedback on gears

i come from germany, my english is not so good, sry. but i have back autosave bug, as 2010 and 2011. but I can not fix, as for the other games. can you help?

i come from germany, my english is not so good, sry. but i have back autosave bug, as 2010 and 2011. but I can not fix, as for the other games. can you help?

Wrong thread and there's currently no permanent fix available for this in F1 2012, I'm afraid.

Hi all,

i just realease a little mod, that add force feedback when change gears.
I hope you like it.

Enjoy! :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/microdownloads/force-feedback-on-gears.147/viewfile

Nice, gotta try that out. :)

This is a neat mod, thanks for bringing this to the community's attention.

I switched this out myself by going to the f12012/feedback/ (or forcefeedback, on my work comp so can't see the files) directory and modifying the effects.xml file. I found that the file opened in notepad just fine. Even setting the effect value to 0.1 give a nice little bit of rumble in my controller - I found even 0.5 was far too strong for my tastes.

Edit: Got home so I can give the correct file and directory locations:

The file you want is in your F1 2012 directory .../f1 2012/forcefeedback/effectsetup.xml is the file name and path. Make a backup copy of the original file first, just incase!

Open the effectsetup.xml file in notepad and look for the following line of code about half way down the document: <FFBGearChange scale="0.0" gear="-1" freq="35.0" length="0.18" damageScale="1.0" damageLengthScale="0.3" sample="gearChange"/>

You want to change the "0.0" in FFBGearChange scale="0.0" to some value between 0.1 and 1.0. As I said above, I liked just 0.1 with my PS3 controller, but try different settings if you like a stronger feel. At 1.0 you pretty much get the same rumble you would if you shunted the wall at 250kph+.

Props to Blinn to spotting this tweak, it's a nice immersive element in the game.

With my Thrustmaster RGT FFB the high version did it for me!
Totally not essential mod, so completely needed! It brings that little bit more immersion feeling from the wheel, and I can't believe CM haven't thought of it.

Thanks for your work! :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 308 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years