Force Feedback not working properly

Hey guys.

First off i'm new here and pretty new to the sim racing in general. been enjoying racegames for many years and wanted to up my game so i bought myself a brand new G27 Racing wheel (didn't want to spend tons of cash but wanted something good to start with) and downloaded R3E..... been enjoying the game for over a month now and love it in general.

The only real issue i have now is the force feedback isn't working properly. i can feel the spring and it give's me some real racing feeling, but i don't feel any rumble or feeling my car going into spin or what not. i have this feeling in other game's like Dirt3 where the rumble of the road is nearly perfect after tweaking some settings.

I have looked everywhere and changed every setting ingame and on profiler to see if it changes things but unfortunatly it doesn't.

The main reason i went into simracing is because i wanted to become better at something i love without going all at it IRL. the arcade race game's don't deliver me the thrill of me being able to take a corner perfect and hitting the apex everytime over. btw i play on real in R3E so u can see my devotion to becoming a better sim racer.

Could anyone please help me figure this out. and please don't tell me there's a ton of info on the web. I even tried the setting from the topic here with the nice screenshots of the settings in the profiler and ingame but that didn't do the trick for me. even tried contacting the support but up until now i received no feedback from them.

really hope someone can help me out here.

I'm playing this on win 8.1 with an 8 core amd and an R290x 4 GB GPU.

Cheers Jonas

Preference and perspective. If I haven't played any other sim recently then R3E feels good and I enjoy it, but if I go from GSCE or AC directly to R3E then R3E feels not good in comparison and it takes a while to adapt to it. However, it doesn't go the other way, if I play R3E first and then switch to AC or GSCE they both feel fine.
Perspective ofc, but I've done just that, gone back and forth, and I wholeheartedly prefer R3Es FFB to ACs any day of the week, so this is where preference comes in and trumps perspective.
But I agree, after a few hours on a sim you grow accustomed to how it feels.

on the whole the R3e feedback is fine, it’s probably just my lack of driving real RWD racecars and trying to recover one from a rear wheel slide at over 100mph or trying to control fast direction changes though tight chicanes at speed. Who am I to say what a wheel should be doing under these conditions when I've never experienced them.

I may try resorting back 900'/25-30 on the steering settings to see if that helps, currently I use 540'/15-18 which will make those kind of forces stronger won't they?

Also I'm fairly new to this lark, so I'll probably be eating a few hats in few weeks. Tbh, I'm pretty sure i to want to race in Raceroom so I'm keen to put the time in.

Edit: going back to 900 DOR. Has fixed my issues. Back in business.

Last edited:
May I continue here:
I have the same problem as trobwal has: no feel of understeering or oversteering on my DFP.
I observe the following
- when the car oversteers it is harder to turn the steering wheel back into the right direction.
- the steering wheel hacks, especially in turns/corners.
- I can feel the effects, like engine, brake, curbs and shifting.
I have tried a lot, on the profiler and ingame. Nothing helped. Just the amount of force to the effects and the steering force change, but not the feel for under or oversteering. It is just not present.
Could it be related to my PC? Don't laugh, I play on an Athlon 64 X2 939 dual core, with a Radeon 7770, running Windows 8.1. Graphics ingame are good and fast enough, including shadows and track details.
Who has a similar machine and has no issues with FFB?
Maybe I dig for my very old Formula Force Feedback wheel and check if it is different.

Best

Roman

Nope not feeling anything. Thats my problem. I understand that racing sims are no substitute for real racing and that the feeling u get is an substitute but like i said have nothing off that on r3e.

I downloaded AC today and the feeling there is totaly diffrent. I can feel the curbs or when te car loses traction.

Oh well i'm giving up for now. Gonna play some AC for the time being in the hope that some solution comes up in the near future.

And yes have tried everything suggested here and no it doesn't make any difference. Don't get me wrong i love the way u guys want to help me but i have searched for days now and tried everything except reinstalling the game or my windows installation ( somehow i think win 8.1 might be the problem). But i'm currently done with r3e. Gonna focus on AC for now. Tried the rfactor2 demo but can't get the damn wheel working in total so not going to buy it anyways. Looking forward to project cars. Have high hope for that game.
By far the longest thread on here is about the FFB. Many people, including myself, feel it`s just wrong. Unfortunately you only have two choices: put up with it, or drive another sim.
Personally I just put up with it. It`s not good that I can never feel the cars losing traction through the FFB and have to rely on visual or audio clues, but that`s just the way it is.
Other than the FFB, R3E offers what I`m looking for in a sim: a great selection of cars and tracks, plus the promise of more and more features. Much as I like cruising around the Nordschleife in AC, I feel the selection of cars is limited - if you don`t like road cars - as is the number of tracks. For me, the game part of it (as opposed to the sim part) is very poor.
I also hope that PCars turns out to be as good as the hype, but for the moment I think that R3E is the best recent sim there is, FFB problems and all.

Perhaps its good to bring up the official FFB thread again over at Sector3 Studios' forums:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide.55/

I've had problems with FFB in R3E as well, had a good hard look at this guide and found out several setting I used were totally outside recommended parameters.
Also, note that changing one setting will affect the feel of the FFB considerably, so I would first set a baseline using the guide and then tweak one setting at a time to see what effect it brings.

I still find the FFB on the firm (as in I get my wrists strained) side, but its much better than how I had it set at first.

Testing testing testing... nothing helps. Just clipping gets more or less, by changing smooth or steering force, but I never 'feel' under- or oversteering in corners. Only clipping gets more present when the values are set do default.
Driving through corners my wheel doesn't change ist behavior. Ist pretty light to turn in.
I just have to turn the wheel back to almost middle position to drive corners faster. But I don't 'feel' the difference.
During testing I feel when braking hard that the tires lock - the wheel is light. Releasing the brake makes the wheel stiffer.
Why do I miss a feeling in corners? Do I understand it right?

i feel every corner , the weight shift , the braking ; understeer is subtle but there ...
not saying this to annoy people but i do .... its not the same feeling or as extreme as some other sims but there , i tend to run 540/18 to 540/20 on most cars .... other than that i dont know what to say

Andi

I thought the latest was don't mess with the degrees of rotation on your wheel? For G27s set it to 900 in the profiler and let the R3E defaults in-game do its thing? It's got iRacing-like automatic virtual-to-physical degrees mapping now, last I heard.

By the way I feel a lot of great FFB except for the center deadzone (iRacing's min force solves this but R3E doesn't have it). So it's possible to get decent FFB on a G27.

Maybe take a look at my own blog about R3E FFB: http://me.selah.ca/raceroom-racing-experience-force-feedback-settings/

I've been keeping that up-to-date with every new release.

Also, a reminder that the G27 is getting pretty long in the tooth. After putting in a year with the G27 with extensive, extensive usage my recommendation is to upgrade. The T300s are a good place to start as an upgrade. If you know you like sim racing you should really go for a better wheel after a while.

Last edited:
Also, a reminder that the G27 is getting pretty long in the tooth. After putting in a year with the G27 with extensive, extensive usage my recommendation is to upgrade. The T300s are a good place to start as an upgrade. If you know you like sim racing you should really go for a better wheel after a while.
I disagree with this: changing your wheel is a nice option if you have the spare money, but will certainly not make you quicker. I`ve "upgraded" my wheel twice in the last six months, and, while I like the smoothness of the T300 compared to the G27, I don`t think it was worth twice as much. I also bought a racing seat/frame and Fanatec`s elite pedals, but I`m not going to kid myself and think they made me quicker.
The simple equation revolves around how much you value immersion added to how much cash you have. As someone else pointed out, there are people winning the competitions using nothing more than a Driving Force GT clamped to a desk.
If a G27`s good enough for S3 staff - check out any @Georg Ortner videos - then it`s good enough for anyone.

I also bought a racing seat/frame and Fanatec`s elite pedals, but I`m not going to kid myself and think they made me quicker.

Depending on what pedals you're coming from, a proper pedal upgrade can make you faster/more consistent. It gives you more precision and consistency in your braking which is one of the keys to being faster. It also makes threshold and trail braking easier and more consistent, also keys to being faster. Will they help you set world records? No. But they can shave tenths off your lap times and make your average lap times more consistent. When I upgraded from my modded G27 pedals to the CSR Elite's it made a tangible difference, best $150 I ever spent on my rig. :thumbsup:

I have G27 and it's not the best wheel on market anymore but with good setup it's good enough, R3E's default settings are maybe a little bit too "heavy". There's also some settings you can change straight to the file and you can find much more nicer FF...be patient and google better setups...and save money...

ive given up trying to fix the ffb, I've had a gear and belt driven wheel and doesnt make any difference at all. Still heavy centering still no tyre feedback.

nevertheless if you can over look these ffb issues, its a fun game to play, very intense.

ive given up trying to fix the ffb, I've had a gear and belt driven wheel and doesnt make any difference at all. Still heavy centering still no tyre feedback.
If you can wait til this evening I can share my settings, it's so easy to copy paste to the file and immediate correction done. Default settings and setups never ok or good enough. I dont say that my settings are perfect...but better than default...and allow very fast lap times also...so can't be so bad...

But I have bigger issue with Assetto Corsa as wheel rattling so badly that I can't drive at all, that may can be fix with settings but i'm not sure if I have any time for that game...

If you can wait til this evening I can share my settings, it's so easy to copy paste to the file and immediate correction done. Default settings and setups never ok or good enough. I dont say that my settings are perfect...but better than default...and allow very fast lap times also...so can't be so bad...

I'd be interested in trying them. After spending countless hours tinkering with settings I've pretty much given up on R3E because the feeling is so numb and all the cars feel so similar. I'm willing to try anything that might help because I really want to love this sim.

Okay here we go, my G27 FF settings (file). Force is setted very low and soft and to avoid too fast moves...many of you might use 80 % or more, I use 70 % as it gives me more time...

So at first check that you let the game to change settings (Logitech Game Controller).

Copy/Paste FFB settings from uploaded file to the file:

Backup your original file!!!

Path: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet\Logitech G27 Paddle Shift Custom.rcs

Ingame Steering settings: 540/23 or 312/13, both works for me but that's your personal choise to choose anything that works for You.

And as I said it's not perfect and I do some little changes all the time to test if I can find something new.

Attachments

• FFB_G27_copy_paste.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 343

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back