Force Feedback Implementation in Assetto Corsa 2

My biggest concern with AC2 will be if the FFB implementation will go the ACC direction.

I try to explain i short what i mean:

I have a lets call it medicore wheel with the Thrustmaster T300rs Ferrari Alcantara Edition.
While i am still happy with it FFB wise in all my sims especially AC1, the feeling in ACC is just not there.

There was a big discussion in a ACC threadt about this "issue" a year ago with the conclusion:

Exaggerated said: the more expensive the wheel (mainly DDwheels) the better the FFB in ACC (partly thats only natural for sure)
Many medicore wheel users (like me) were complaining about the "not detailed ffb feel"

So my wish is that Kunos takes care not only about the premium wheel segment, but also the medium or cheap ones again.

To avoid unnecessary discussion - yes it´s cristal clear with a good DD wheel i will have allot better FFB than using a 15y old Logitech G25 fe.
But even with a old, cheap wheel we should expect from a new AC2 better FFB feeling than a 7 years old AC could give.

btw. Reiza is a good example trying to give all users the same experience, regardles the wheel.

I hope u guys understand what i want say. Sry my englisch is like my wheel - only medicore :)

Last edited:
I first played ACC with a Logitech G29 and did not really like it much. But then once I bought a CSL DD (after an adjustment period) I now feel it's really great. So I agree, just from the business perspective it would make sense to invest a bit on getting a better feel for also lower-end wheels.

And AC feels really great with the G29, and I think that there are some features (feeling of the loss of grip mainly) in the AC FFB that are not so good in ACC while ACC is clearly superior overall. So maybe the best FFB for AC2 would be some kind of a combination of the two, if that is possible.

Last edited:
Even on a CSL DD ACC feels bland and lacking in details. The fundamental forces are there more or less although rear feel is a little lacking but its passable but its no where near as enjoyable or controllable as AC. But then AC has a seat of the pants FFB signal which tries to add the G forces in using the wheel whereas ACC is a steering rack approach like iRacing. That seat of the pants feel gives you that razor edge grip feel on the limit that is so lacking in ACC.

I think we need FFB that is configurable for both groups. We need the pure steering rack feel for those that have motion systems and get their feel otherwise or just want the pure physics feed and then we should have configurable seat of the pants and other factors of canned effects we can add in to enhance the FFB if we choose to. At least that way we can get the AC feel if we want to while the pure approach also exists. If it has ACCs FFB I bet it will be the first thing that gets heavily modded and everyone will use the modded version that replicates AC.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years