Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
adding a fun rally game, not replacing the DR-series.

This is what a lot of the trolling and fanboyism is having a hard time understanding. That there is no problem having multiple good rally games. There is no need to "replace" DR2.0. Personally I find WRC 8 to be superior in many aspects, but that doesn't make DR2.0 a no-play, uninstall-right-now kind of game. Both are worthy of their share of my hard drive.

I am extremely disappointed with the direction Codemasters is going as a company, and competition will be good for them. But even more importantly, that competition will be good for us, the gamers.

The game is very good.
Sounds need to improve though... sounds good but not so much inmersive in my opinion.
Physics not bad, really fun to drive, but I feel so much grip on asphalt stages...wrc7 is crap on physics.
Stages are the best I've seen on a rally game so far and all 2019 rallyes + special stages of each one, dynamic weather also very good aswell. Career mode is nice.

It's an essential rally game for me.

Since there is no Sim Commander support, it goes by the settings saved in the controller. I had modified my settings to get the controller usable in GT Sport (via Gimx). Those settings made the ffb in WRC8 horrible. I reset the wheel to default settings except for setting the mode to responsive and edited the in game settings a little and it feels much better.

The game is very good.
Sounds need to improve though... sounds good but not so much inmersive in my opinion.
Physics not bad, really fun to drive, but I feel so much grip on asphalt stages...wrc7 is crap on physics.
Stages are the best I've seen on a rally game so far and all 2019 rallyes + special stages of each one, dynamic weather also very good aswell. Career mode is nice.

It's an essential rally game for me.

also for me the stages are fantastic.
the handbrake better than wrc 7
still have to work on the physics of the game.
germany at night with heavy rain ........ try it

Honestly... only tiny complain about WRC 8 for me would be a rather average graphic. And not so great optimisation. Dirt 2 is much better on both.
I feel like graphic department is the field in which this series has improved the least. But this is official WRC game thou... :inlove:

Hey guys,

Any mate have this problem....?

I set my setup force feedback 0 (no force) and when i turn the steering wheel and use the brake (or handbrake) in same time, the steering wheel give some 'leaps'... even using all setting '0' (seeting for force feedback and vibrates..)

Any people have the same problem? for make curves it is soooooo bad.

PS.; sry for my bad english ;);)

Hi guys,
I'm running a Prosimu 3dof motion rig and use Simtools as the motion provider, is there anything available for WRC8 to work with motion? I don't seem to be able to find anything out there, All help is greatly appreciated as always, just bought the game and would like to run it on the motion rig, static rigs seem so lifeless now lol :D

Me too.

The strange thing is that when accessing with cmd ping command, it can communicate normally with 104.199.55.183 which seems to be a game server.
I am currently sending a message to bigben and waiting for a reply.

Postscript:
Are you using windows7?
If so, you may be able to connect by downloading and using the Easy fix at the bottom of this page.(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/)
The reason is that WRC8 uses the old encrypted communication which is the default of Windows7, so it cannot connect. This easy fix describes in the registry to use new encrypted communication by default.
worked for me thx

Good morning I'm sorry for my English (Google translation) .....
I have the Accuforce V1 + Fanatec V3 pedals and analog handbrake.
After.....many hours..... my settings are the following.... if you want try it.
Note:for steering wheel angle use for Simcommader put whatever you like...but in the game menu only 540!!!
In SimCommander:

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2019.09.26 - 10.23.19.68.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2019.09.26 - 10.23.19.68.png
    189 KB · Views: 134
Good morning I'm sorry for my English (Google translation) .....
I have the Accuforce V1 + Fanatec V3 pedals and analog handbrake.
After.....many hours..... my settings are the following.... if you want try it.
Note:for steering wheel angle use for Simcommader put whatever you like...but in the game menu only 540!!!
In SimCommander:
In Game:

Attachments

• Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.09.25 - 19.11.41.92.png
    Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.09.25 - 19.11.41.92.png
    378.7 KB · Views: 119
  • Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.09.25 - 20.09.00.50.png
    Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.09.25 - 20.09.00.50.png
    259.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.09.25 - 20.09.04.69.png
    Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.09.25 - 20.09.04.69.png
    282.9 KB · Views: 119