PC1 Force Feedback Distinct Lack of Feeling - logitech G27

There is a distinct lack of feeling from the force feedback when going over the kerbs and rumble strips in game.

Playing around with the force feedback calibration settings does not improve the fact that when you go over a kerb you hear the sound trying to fool you into thinking there is force feedback however if you turn the sound off and drive over the kerb and rumble strips the feedback sent to you through the wheel is like a floppy wilting piece of celery it is very poor and under powered feedback.

No canned effects for rumble strips in pCARS. FFB is fed from the Steering rack. Steering racks don't transmit suspension "noise" to steering wheels. Get a Buttkicker, you'll feel the rumble strips then. :)

Try the following settings for G27:

FFB: 100
Tyre Force: 75
Deadzone removal range: 0.18

Note that deadzone removal range is the same as minimum input force in AC/iRacing/etc. This is the value I use, yours might be lower or higher. Use WheelCheck to verify the exact number. If it's too high you will notice oscillation on straights and standstill.

Furthermore, on top of these you can increase the master level in the individual car FFB.

John Grant:

Make sure you calibrate the G27 as asked in the game. Follow the instructions to the letter.

Then make sure you are not over driving the car.. a lot of the cars actually turn a lot worse if you turn the wheel too much. Also cold tires turn ridiculously badly on some cars (due to how the setup is made) so make sure you have 3 to 4 laps under your belt before judging the turning behavior.

If this is not the case then simply go into your chosen car's setup/garage menu and change the Steering Ratio option (it works just like it does in rFactor / ISI based games).

Try the following settings for G27:

FFB: 100
Tyre Force: 75
Deadzone removal range: 0.18

Note that deadzone removal range is the same as minimum input force in AC/iRacing/etc. This is the value I use, yours might be lower or higher. Use WheelCheck to verify the exact number. If it's too high you will notice oscillation on straights and standstill.

Furthermore, on top of these you can increase the master level in the individual car FFB.
What are your settings in logitech profiler?

I'm using in game for G27:
FFB: 87
Tyre Force: 50
Deadzone removal range: 0.13

In the car setup under:
Force Feedback:
Spindle - set Master Scale to 100

Then adjust accordingly until you no longer get clipping over bumps. You have to do this for each car at every track.

Logitech profiler settings are:
Overall - 100%
Spring - 0%
Damper - 0%

Center spring not enabled

Degrees of Rotation - 900

Use Special Game Settings - enabled
Allow Game to adjust settings - not enabled

I also do not have the Logitech Profiler running during the game - causes FFB problems for me. YMMV

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing