Force feedback cuts out in middle of race

R

Robert Stork

• Robert Stork

anyone else have this problem?
its a pita to deal with mid mutliplayer race

• Michel Salvador

it happen to me maybe 10 time in 4-5 month it happen when session change as mike said i heard from some 1 that there something you can do so the FFB come back as normal there supose to be a tread about it .
btw yesterday it happen to a friend in race just when the race start boom no ffb .....

btw i use g25 so im guessing it a game bug

I never lost completely the FFB, once I had reduction if I remember correctly...

Anyway, when that happens, if you can (not always possible), go to the garage (pres Esq.). In there disconnect the wheel (wait for the USB sound), then connect it back in (again wait for USB sound) after (and importantly) go to options - controllers, see your wheel in there and exit the options menu to the pits. Now everything should be ok... (If not likely you are a “ghost” or have some similar game glitch).

The loss of FFB can be related with many things and usually it is related with deficient client - server connection or some game glitch ("ghosts", no car model loaded and so on). Also don't forget, FFB in a G25 for instances, when used with decent strengths and effects is demanding also on the client machine...

• Robert Stork

O well I just go to settings/controlls open it up, exit and it works.
Just wondering if I was the only one with the problem.

I had this problem many times, and makes me very angry... :(

"...I never lost completely the FFB...." I lost only the centering spring, and the cursbs works well, but very dificult to drive, when the centering spring gone suddenly. And I always notice it on the starting grid, and not time to repair it.....

...Anyway, when that happens, if you can (not always possible), go to the garage (pres Esq.). In there disconnect the wheel (wait for the USB sound), then connect it back in (again wait for USB sound) after (and importantly) go to options - controllers, see your wheel in there and exit the options menu to the pits. Now everything should be ok...

Simbin Games :glasses-nerdy: ??

<alt+f> = FFB reset

Hehe, empirical solutions work... but "text book" ones sure look easier and usualy work faster.
We just have to read the book first... :D

• Michel Salvador

well this week i lost ffb in practice mode and i try the alt+f since this post and it FAIL :(... now question is do we really kn ow that this work ? or it just it supose to work loll any 1 lost ffb latly and try alt+f?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 220 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%