Force Feedback...can't feel skidding

I live the FF in AMS for the most part, bit I cannot feel when the tires lock up...skidding. I have a G25 wheel. FF strength is -90%. I have tried different low FF boost settings, but no joy. In AC and other sims I can feel when tires lock up. Is there a real feel setting or is this just how the sim is?

I was noticing that lack of effect yesterday in the Metalmoro event, I could see wheel lockup in my mirrors but never felt it. I've spent some time in R3e and I think it might be noticeable there. Or, maybe it was just my rears locking.

I could be mistaken but i believe the effect your looking for under skidding and breaking that you can feel in AC and RRE is due to there slip angle effect setting. I had the same feeling after returning to ams after taking some time off from playing.

The feel of skidding the tires is very apparent with the FFB set at all default settings. You shouldn't have to adjust anything. If you can't feel it in AMS, but you can in other sims, then you have a configuration problem somewhere.

Maybe with a good strong steering wheel is probably ok, but with a g27 is in fact very unnoticeable when locking just one wheel... But if you lock both wheels is very noticeable!
I remember that game stock car it was more sensative to this, but since then the ffb in ams as change. Adding a adjustable bar like the low force boost, could help to set this "skidding" effect for different steering wheels, or different tastes of ffb.

Last edited:
Maybe with a good strong steering wheel is probably ok, but with a g27 is in fact very unnoticeable when locking just one wheel... But if you lock both wheels is very noticeable!
I remember that game stock car it was more sensative to this, but since then the ffb in ams as change. Adding a adjustable bar like the low force boost, could help to set this "skidding" effect for different steering wheels, or different tastes of ffb.

Yes, you do need to set the FFB Low Force Boost appropriate for your wheel. What is the recommended % for a G25? I know what I use for a different wheel, but not useful for the original poster here. I know Renato uses a G25 or G27 for his own testing, so some combination of default settings works for the Logi wheels.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 211 14.3%