PC1 Force Feedback Analysis

Yes another FFB thread. Don't get me wrong enjoying the game on the whole. I have been trying to work out what has been bugging me with regard to the steering and FFB. This is a issue that we had in the Codemasters F1 games, lack of road feel. I just can't work a way around it. What I am seeing on the screen from the way the car is behaving and what the FFB meter is showing and also what I am feeling through the wheel does not correlate. Take a look at Alonso's lap at Catalunya.

Look at the way his hands oscillate on the wheel they are constantly being fed infromation that is even with a high sidewall on the F1 tyre.

Last edited:
I have some new settings, that are working great for about the 25 cars I have done so far (road, lmp,gt tested). Nice strong FFB, no clipping, road feel in the corners and on the straights and also no wheel kick back when centering. Probably feel totally different tomorrow :).

I have some new settings, that are working great for about the 25 cars I have done so far (road, lmp,gt tested). Nice strong FFB, no clipping, road feel in the corners and on the straights and also no wheel kick back when centering. Probably feel totally different tomorrow :).
I'm really happy with my TX settings now. Just one question Paul, this clipping tell me again if it's clipping what is the line supposed to be doing on the monitor. Cheers

I'm also on a T300 and I was finally able to get rid of the strong centering effect by adjusting my deadzone (the first one, not the drop off one). It was on .02 and I had a very strong centering effect, almost like it was snapping to center, and I was getting large spikes when I went over bumps. I turned it up to .06 and suddenly the centering effect was pretty much completely gone and the spikes had gone away too. (Other than that I'm using bManic's base settings found HERE, I don't have to mess with the x,y,z,m sliders really.) I also started getting more subtle feelings through the wheel from the road and suspension, much like you get in AC.

This is easily the best Solution so far. It's a game changer for me. My driver is on 75 and master 26. I just play with vertical force a little.

Last edited:
I am glad everyone is finding different solutions and getting something like they want. Personally I found my old settings although the force was strong young skywalker the cars felt anemic with no real personality, so that is what I have been sorting.

@jimortality Alright James, if the FFB is clipping the yellow line will flat line and hit the top of the box in Pcars, a small amount of clipping is fine but too much and information is lost. Personally I prefer a slightly lighter wheel with more information rather than a heavier wheel that lacks clarity.

I am glad everyone is finding different solutions and getting something like they want. Personally I found my old settings although the force was strong young skywalker the cars felt anemic with no real personality, so that is what I have been sorting.

@jimortality Alright James, if the FFB is clipping the yellow line will flat line and hit the top of the box in Pcars, a small amount of clipping is fine but too much and information is lost. Personally I prefer a slightly lighter wheel with more information rather than a heavier wheel that lacks clarity.
Cheers Paul, my line resembles mountains and hills.

Make sure your FFB Strength in-game is set to 100/maximum! This is very important! It defaults to 75. Also make sure the FFB damping saturation setting is set to ZERO. It defaults to 25. (you find these options under the CONFIGURATION tab in the controls preferences)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=200468&d=1431075795
and maybe also look at this thread bManic's FFB experiment - Thrustmaster TX / T300 | RaceDepartment
i use on my csr-e Jack Spades FFB-Tweaker-Files 1.5 Folder 4. Bumps Plus
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Last edited:
Make sure your FFB Strength in-game is set to 100/maximum! This is very important! It defaults to 75. Also make sure the FFB damping saturation setting is set to ZERO. It defaults to 25. (you find these options under the CONFIGURATION tab in the controls preferences)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=200468&d=1431075795
and maybe also look at this thread bManic's FFB experiment - Thrustmaster TX / T300 | RaceDepartment
i use on my csr-e Jack Spades FFB-Tweaker-Files 1.5 Folder 4. Bumps Plus
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files
I've done all that, especially Bmanic's thread. Can you see something with my yellow line that should be different?

In addition to BManic's settings

Linkage scale 0.50
Linkage stiffness 0.00
Linkage damping 1.00

I can now up my master scale to get more force with a more natural center force.

I have also increased the tm overall force to 85.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back