Force Dynamics 401

W

Wizz

• Wizz

How about this for your racing, the Force Dynamics 401. It has up to 3G's of effect and a constant .75G acceleration and +/-30 degrees of pitch & Roll and +/-90 degrees of yaw. I'll leave it up to yourselves to look at their website and come to your own conclusions (there's plenty of video on the site to see it in action).

http://www.force-dynamics.com/

Wizz.
:peace:

I read somewhere that the 401 is going to cost some 52 000 US dollars.:censored: !!! At the moment i think thats kind've out of my reach. :)

For that much money I might just as well buy a brand new Subaru Impreza STI for 35 000 USD plus a roll cage that Im sure will total less than 52 000 USD. I might even be able to be able to equip the car the the neccessary equipment for trackday event such as HANS device, fire extinguisher, full racing suit and helmet and still would probaby cost the same or less as 52 000 USD. It is just my estimate though as i didnt check the prices.

For me the real experience sure beats the simulated one not matter how good it is simulated.

It's an amazing show of technology but I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than shell out $52000 on the thing. I'd probably be sick after 5 mins anyway but it's great to see that they are making such an effort for the few people that could probably afford to race in a real car instead!

It's an amazing show of technology but I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than shell out $52000 on the thing. I'd probably be sick after 5 mins anyway but it's great to see that they are making such an effort for the few people that could probably afford to race in a real car instead!

That is what I was saying. For that much money you can go race on the race track. No need for simulation anymore.

• Wizz

FYI, as far as I can tell it's not $52k, it's only $24k (approx £15k). I bought a new STI a couple of years ago which cost £25k and it was great fun (except £120/week on fuel) but, it was only one car. The 401 in theory can simulate accurately hundreds of cars on hundreds of tracks and roads with full G force feeling, now tell me what's the best idea.

Graham.

FYI, as far as I can tell it's not $52k, it's only $24k (approx £15k). I bought a new STI a couple of years ago which cost £25k and it was great fun (except £120/week on fuel) but, it was only one car. The 401 in theory can simulate accurately hundreds of cars on hundreds of tracks and roads with full G force feeling, now tell me what's the best idea.

Graham.

I would look silly driving to work in a 401:dance:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%