For people with performance / FFB related issues (IMPORTANT!)

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
It appears some wheels/system combos can't keep up with our increased force feedback update rates, reducing framerates significantly. It does not seem to affect every wheel or every spec specifically or equally. We are still investigating this issue.

In the meantime, two things you can try which will almost certainly fix the problem while still giving you much more detailed force feedback than before are:

1) Set the FFB to 'low' instead of medium / high / full ("Low" is in fact the recommended setting in any case for pure steering rack forces);

2) If that alone does not fix it:
- Go to Userdata\yourname and open up controller.ini
- Find the line near the bottom of the file:

FFB Skip Updates="1" // Some drivers can't handle a quick FFB update rate so use this parameter to skip the given number of updates (0=full, 1=half, 2=one-third, 3=one-quarter, etc.)

- Increase this number one at a time so first try 2, then 3, then 4 etc.

Verify how these increments improve on your issue, and then please post here your exact system specs, wheel, windows version, sim hardware etc so we can try reproduce and isolate the issue.

Same problem here and updating the controller.ini has no effect at all. 20 FPS at the start with 20 cars, alone on track 60 FPS but feels not smooth.

Memory (RAM) 12160 MB
CPU Info Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
GTX 970
Win 10
T500 + CSP V3

Last edited:
The only real lag I was getting was when I would drive over the rumble strips. I didn't have my OSD up for FPS so, I can't tell you what it dropped to but, it was pretty severe. I changed my FFB settings in game to low and that resolved it. Sim-commander does not support AMS yet so, my setup is a workaround.

3930k@4.5
32gb ram
x2 GTX980ti
Win 7
Accuforce Pro/ MPPC Sim pedals
40" 4K monitor

hey!

Any fix on the way for this soon?

I cant get rid of the problem. Even if I set the FFB in-game to off. The game almost freezes up when driving the superkarts over the curbs in Brasilia. Really a shame, the game is greeeaat!! Cant drive any race because of the fps drop because of curbs/ffb. But really enjoying it when I am alone on the track and dont touch curbs.

My specs:
i7 4790k
980 GTX
16GB ram
H110 watercooling
750w psu

playing in 1920x1080

EDIT: oh, and my steering wheel is G25 logitech, and I got the latest nvidia driver.

Have also tried the ffb-skip thing, went all the way to 10, but I get so little ffb then. havent tried 20, but 0 works better than 1-7

Last edited:
SO HELLO everyone. First of all, why can't games developpers inspire themselves from games like reiza or this beauty of a game? I use a g27 and i think i found a sweet spot, here is my spec:
1) in the profiler controler set your values like this or so :
Dwm 2016-03-06 09-17-52-17.jpg

Note that the angle of rotation of your wheel needs to change from car to car for example:
  • For the grand tourism cars like the v8supercars and the other wtcc like cars and the dtm like cars i use about 540 degrees.(whitch is not far from reality).
  • for the formula cars u should use less angle on your wheel, about 400 degrees is nice for me.
and on top of that you have to set your angle of rotation ingame! Here you have to make some driving before tweaking. i personaly always lower values by at least 3 degrees!

2) Make sure your ffb is not reversed, if so put the value ingame to -80 (minus80) for me 80 is enough.

So if you try this don't hesitate to comment and hopefully improve our experience.
Dwm 2016-03-06 09-17-52-17.jpg

I still have the problems after setting stuff up via the user manual. Its very reduced and the manual helped a lot, and in-game FFB is now -81. And that helsp A LOT too, but still stuttering and poor performance even on my machine. Hope this gets fixed, game is a blast and awesome!!

SO HELLO everyone. First of all, why can't games developpers inspire themselves from games like reiza or this beauty of a game? I use a g27 and i think i found a sweet spot, here is my spec:
1) in the profiler controler set your values like this or so :
View attachment 124704
Note that the angle of rotation of your wheel needs to change from car to car for example:
  • For the grand tourism cars like the v8supercars and the other wtcc like cars and the dtm like cars i use about 540 degrees.(whitch is not far from reality).
  • for the formula cars u should use less angle on your wheel, about 400 degrees is nice for me.
and on top of that you have to set your angle of rotation ingame! Here you have to make some driving before tweaking. i personaly always lower values by at least 3 degrees!

2) Make sure your ffb is not reversed, if so put the value ingame to -80 (minus80) for me 80 is enough.

So if you try this don't hesitate to comment and hopefully improve our experience.View attachment 124704

There is no longer a need to change degrees of rotation via Logitech Profiler. Leave it at 900 and set rotation in game, preferably in car setup menu unless you need to override the available range then you can do that in controller menu (controller menu number 2 I think).

no problem here, everything runs smoothly
but with my AccuForce ..... you could get much more. :ninja:

i7-5930k
32GB
nVidia gtx980ti (driver 361.91)
Triple Monitor 24 - 5760x1080 @144Hz
Win10
AccuForce pro
.... Please Reiza, give us one "controller.ini" better :cool: :thumbsup:
thank you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing