For people complaining about rF's steering "dead zone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
All - there has been some pretty consistent complaints about rF's ffb, about it being too dead at the centre with no feel - and I have to agree.

There are all sorts of pieces of advice and fixes and plugins flying around.

First thing I noticed is that I was getting similar results whether I was using RealFeel or the rF standard ffb.

I found the attached settings in a download rF add-on pack, and tried them out just for ****s and giggles, and suddenly the ffb feels more like Evo, with virtually no dead zone in the middle. Actually, even better for me, it feels closer to the GTL type of ffb, which I reckon's the best, personally, but Evo drivers will definitely feel more at home.

Any hoo - make a backup copy of your controller.ini, and paste the lines in the text file over the corresponding lines in your non-backup and see how it feels.

I reckon, although it's a bit different, it's miles better - and let's face it, what have you got to lose?

Attachments

• ffb_setts.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 710
I mean - this is not knocking the people who say "just copy your evo ffb" or "use realfeel" or whatever - they all have their merits - it's just that I surmised, if I was getting similar behaviour with Realfeel AND standard rF, that the settings were the final arbiters of what kicks in and where, so I chose to pursue that side, and I'm really quite pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%