Fonteny

Tracks Fonteny 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

Fat-Alfie

Premium
Fat-Alfie submitted a new resource:

Fonteny - Fictional circuit based on 26km of real French roads - 'The French Green Hell'

I have been working on this track on and off for the last two years. It started off as a challenge to myself to see if I could find some real roads somewhere in the world that could give me the same buzz and excitement that the Nordschleife does. I searched through maps for several months, trying out various loops of roads that might work, when I finally stumbled across this 26km loop of real roads set in the French countryside of the Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan...

Read more about this resource...

:confused::confused: literally threw me out of bed
Screenshot_glas_exorod_fonteny_22-12-119-10-8-19.jpg
Screenshot_glas_exorod_fonteny_22-12-119-10-13-25.jpg

had to take the same car I tested the very early (50MB big) version with. Became such a immersive believable track... and I'm not daring taking any real race car yet :D

What an adventure!
The full lap is a whole drive deep in France.

Screenshot_bo_singer_awd_fonteny_21-12-119-19-7-59_accumulation.jpg

Drive with fog if you want to feel it more aha
some say you can see red eyes under the bridge at full moon...

Love your corner guide, it adds even more to the authentic feel of the track
thanks for your hard work!
2 years... it's quite a journey, i wasn't joking when i said you would write history with Fonteny, you literally did :p
and you can be proud !!

You can now sit back, relax, and enjoy family time!

Joyeux noël et merci!

Last edited:
Is it Christmas already? Not driven it yet but I just know this is gonna be fantastique et tres bon. Thanks for all your hard work and for bringing us another amazing track. Now I just need to hurry up with those chores so I can have a drive. I'll drop your 5 stars as soon as I've had a proper go :thumbsup:

Super excited to try this track out! The comments all seem positive for a 1.0 and I'm sure the community is not wrong. Thank you for your hard work and dedication over 2 years to complete this track and bring it to the public!

What an undertaking! Congrats on your release Fat Alfie :) I love cruising around this place in 60's road cars :inlove:

Would there be any easy way to have a 2 way version for cruising about both directions in multiplayer?

Amazing job!! just had two incredible races, one with the Mazda MX5-Cup and the second with the 1970 Alfa GTAM it was a blast :D can´t wait to take the Singer Porsche for a ride on this beauty.

thx a lot and merry christmas, enjoy your holidays!

• Deleted member 197115

@Fat-Alfie, whatever optimization magic you use to make such feature rich and detailed track perform so well in VR, please share with other modders.
And who forgot that bicycle under the bridge? :)
Seriously, crazy attention to details, I want to get out of the car and explore the surroundings.
Big THANK YOU!
And Merry Christmas!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%