RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Will try it Yves. :thumbsup:

Hope to get in some laps, too, most likely on wednesday after our F3000 event at the Nordschleife (yes, the Nordschleife).

Btw: If you guys like hot lapping challenges, you can also do so with F3000 at the Nordschleife. Just have a look in this thread under "Recording lap times". Even if you don't liek to enter the event you're very welcome to follow the explained procedure and to hot lap on the Server as much as you want to get your best lap time restored... ;) (sorry for making promotion here, Dennis)

@Daniel Linder well i got a little bored with Race 07 so i've been racing in the GTL club that have now move to rFactor using the Historic GT & Touring cars V1.96 which is more my kind of cars ;) but i still keep an eye on the Race 07 club and if i see something that will get my attention i might join you guy's. now that you montionned the V8 i would really like to race them :D let's see if i can get something done about it ;)

Well, well... searching for a car to become my go-to-car for the STCC events (actually my priority today, so I'm kinda sorry I won't be able to portray the races in every detail today ;)), I was reconnecting quite a bit throughout P1.

Finally settled for the P407, and while I had a good lap to the end of P2, I didn't quite manage to get a good hotlap going in quals - grabbed P5, started poorly (hadn't practiced, whoops) and went to the back of the pack. Regained a few places throughout the race but got into major problems when the tyres burnt out at about L10.. Finally went over the line in P5.

For race #2, I switched to SimBin's default setup as suggested by Bob, and.. started poorly again :D The car felt slightly better after some laps, though, and through some nice back and forth due to a really close grid, I managed to grab P3 after Alex and Philippe went off in the last lap, whoops ;)

Nice racing altogether, though I'm not yet sure about the car, that livery might've to wait for now ;) See you next time, thanks for racing!

edit: checked my replay, 3 T3 cuts and 1 T1 cut in race #1, 1 T3/1 T1 in race #2, some due to crash-avoidence, nevertheless, sorry about these!
quick-checked a few other drivers as well - while still existent every now and then, as far as I can tell, there wasn't as much cutting as i had feared :)

Last edited:
Todays event, with this many sign-ups, it sure were written in stone that it would be tight racing from start to finish. There are so many corners where one might be strong, but weak in another.

Q:
I just wanna forget about it. Totally screwed it up, and got placed at the back of the grid.

R1:
Manage to pick up 3 places, during the start. And at T1-T2-T3 I lost one spot, but since I also passed one additional driver at the combo, I were still in P5. At T6 @Campbell Wallis Spun out on his own, and I were up to 4th. At lap 4, I passed @Philippe Fournier. At lap 5, I made tiny error at T2 and went side-ways, but manage to hold my spot.

Then the chase for @Alex Odell Begun.

I pushed and pushed, and pushed a little more, and then finally I were at his back.
Since the C30 has great acceleration, I were never close enough to pass him. Even if he made tiny errors. I knew I only had one chance
to pass him, and that was at the start/finish straight. At lap 12, (at T1) I were really close, almost side by side. But someone went off in front of us, so we slowed down and resumed we were left of.

At lap 14, I gave everything I had, (also took a chance ofc :D)
and manage to pass Alex at T1. Finished 2nd.

R2
This race was somewhat a complete mess for me. At the start, I manage to steal of few spots, and were up to 3rd. At T4/5 Capmbell went of a little and I passed him, up to 2nd.
Now comes to funny part. I were right behind @Dennis Phelan at T6, and somehow he surprised me. He braked much earlier than I expected. It was like he completely stopped, and that made me bump into hos rear bumper, and that in turn lead to Alex bumped into me. We both went off, so not much could be done then get back on track and start the chasing again. Once back on track, I were at P6.

One lap later, I were in 4th place, I knew somewhere in my gut, II could be even more competitive so I pushed a little more. At lap 3, I passed @Björn Golda, and Campell were not that far away. Sadly I out braked myself at T4 and Björn and @Bob Miley passed me. Now in P5 and pedal to the metal, and here we go again.

At lap 4, at the exact same spot were I out braked myself, Bob out braked himself, and I passed him. Spent a few laps catching up to Björn, and at lap 7, at T4, I passed him. So now I'm up to 3rd. At lap 8, Campell in 2nd place, spun out at T1, and now I were in 2nd.

Time to chase Dennis, who had been into P1 as long as I can remember. Slowly but steady I got closer and closer to him, and at lap 11, Dennis missed his breaking point I think, and I passed him at T1.

At lap 14, I had no tires left, but decided to stay cool and don't do any dumb stuff. Bob were not far away, so anything could happen. Took the checkered flag, and then I realized my back were soaked in sweat :D:D:D

BtLkCLhCMAA_Ox-.jpg:large

That was just epic in so many ways.

Quali
No.

Race 1
Made an epic start and slotted in just behind @Alex Odell, but half-spun round the lap and dropped the the back. The rest of the race was mostly spent with @Björn Golda in the underpowered Peugeot and @Philippe Fournier's Honda. I eventually got past both after mistakes then inherrited 4th from @Dennis Phelan running out of fuel.

Race 2
Another epic start put me in the lead, but I got out of shape and let @Dennis Phelan through. @Daniel Linder was conspiring to take himself out, but I knew he was a threat, and I set about catching Dennis with Bjorn acting as a nice buffer keeping some of the faster guys behind. Eventually, I was about 1.5 seconds off the lead, but I made a couple of errors and found myself at the back. The last few laps were a blur, with Alex, Bjorn, Philippe and Dennis (I think) jostling for position. Desperately tried to pass Dennis with a couple of lunges but he held on and I had to settle for 7th.

This event ran much better than I expected and driving standard while not perfect was very good by most of the drivers and no serious infringements, no purposeful cutting was going on. Thank you all for that. I did review the replays for Quali and Race one, watching every corner taken by every driver so I know who is getting a piece of coal from Santa this coming Christmas!

Everyone has a car for this track right! Well I went with a "fav" from long ago and just updated it a bit. nice because I was planning on spending some of practice time being a "marshal" at T2!

I flubbed Q going into T1 too fast and cutting T2 badly so I just motored around.

R1 Not very exciting, cars going off track for a bit and just haveing a good drive, until I ran myself out of gas on the last lap. Seems I reverted to a seved fil that dod not have the gas I added after making the calculation for this event :(.

R2: so, from the pole. I took off like the devil, something I like to do when on pole and just ran hard. My tires suffered and when Daniel caught me I tried max braking from my best spot and it didn't work, off at T2 and Dan by. All was still good until the next lap or so and I just missed my brake point at T1 COMPLETELY and everyone got by. Oh well a laast few laps with Campbell just to finish things off.

Thanks for coming out and for [trying to] maintain the high standards of RD as a driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%