Fog / Haze

I see on some tracks for rfactor (Spa for example) that circuits have some degree of fog or haze. How is this controlled? Is it a parameter somewhere? Does it decrease FPS presumably?

When i was making Longford i didn't notice that FogMode or FogDensity made any difference. The other option for FogMode being Exponential. It seemed that FogDensitiy was always '1', no matter what value i used. If they did make a difference it wasn't much. I get the impression the fog implementation was semi-abandoned, like a few other features in rF that show up in text files from time to time.
Fog will possibly also mess with your skybox appearence, because i think it's only 200-300 meters from the car at all times, with the 'move' tag in the scn file, so any fog setting far beyond that distance will progressively make the horizon look odd. Longford has some long FogOut settings, so i just faded the horizon textures a bit. Better than nothing.

From gMotor2Tools help file.
Fog Settings:

· In – distance from eye at which fog begins.
· Out – distance from eye at which fog ends.
· Color – color of the fog.
· Den – fog density, used instead of Fog In / Fog Out. Only applies to Exponential or Exponential² modes.
· Linear – interpolates fog color linearly from the Fog In distance to the Fog Out distance.
· Exponential – interpolates fog color exponentially according to density setting;
· Exponential² – interpolates fog color squared exponentially according to density setting;
Here are the different ways to use it.
FogMode=LINEAR
FogMode=EXP
FogMode=EXP2

The fog density value goes from 0.00 to 1.00

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back