Focus on only a part of a track

Hi all,

Loving iRacing! I was just wondering, is there any way or mod to be able to drive only on a selected part of the track? What I mean is that sometime I’d like to train over and over only a certain part of the track where I’m terrible. Sometime like a book art that puts the car there by pressing a button…

Last edited:
Hi all,

Loving iRacing! I was just wondering, is there any way or mod to be able to drive only on a selected part of the track? What I mean is that sometime I’d like to train over and over only a certain part of the track where I’m terrible. Sometime like a book art that puts the car there by pressing a button…
I've seen this requested in the iRacing forums over the years

The reply every time is iRacing is about realism so 'just run the lap'

I might have not liked that many years ago but I see it differently now

You can't take a part of a track out of the track without changing the dynamics of how you drive it. The way you take the corners leading into other corners determines your speed, position, momentum, weight transfer, etc.

So to get real practice in you have to run the whole lap :)

Last edited:
The exception is the nords: here you don't have to go back to the pits each time. Instead of escape, you need to tow: it will send you to a "run-off" at the start of the last sector. So you can repeat and learn the same part of the track. Pretty useful for this big layout! The only disadvantage is that you restart with cold tires, better keep this in mind... :p

OK Ill have to admit that eventhough this feature is not in any way realistic then I would probably use it myself if I ever again did become an iRacing member.
Oh sorry did I really say that?:laugh:

No seriously the iRacing devs knows what they are doing - if they just had a reasonable tire model I would probably reactivate my membership.:roflmao:

At the moment Im only using AMS2 - and beside all its bugs I consider the TM reasonable.
But both rF2 and and some of the mods in AC is also what I consider reasonably believeable.
Raceroom is slightly too hovercraftish(IMO).
But only slightly.:)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Yeah and now we could go into a discussion about how phantastic iRacings TM has become lately. And because Im not a member anymore Im disqualified.
Hehe but I will not use time on that.:rolleyes:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 339 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing