FMOD sounds are not working for me

Hi, guys. I have installed RBR Pro correctly (even with the help of RBR Pro Discord guys) but the FMOD sounds are not working for me in any car, the game loads the default engine sounds. Anyone can help me, please? Talking with the RBR Pro guys, we arrived to a conclusion that my issue could be caused because I'm using a 5.1 speakers, but we aren't sure about it. Thank you!

Last edited:
These are the audio settings I use in RBR PRO. I have a 5.1 system on my PC

Attachments

• 2022-09-11_134342.png
    2022-09-11_134342.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 178
I know that in RSF you have to have the engine sounds in game at max, and adjust the levels in the launcher program for the FMods to work. I have no idea if that is working with 5.1 or not, though.

Last edited:
I don't understand... :( I tried all your steps but with no luck yet... I reinstalled all the RBR Pro and only modified the basic options (controls, etc.) but I still continue without FMOD sounds... :(

I don't believe that the connection with the optical cable can affect the FMod, you have to try to change the audio settings of your PC, possibly try with a simple stereo headset and see if it works. I'm sorry I can't suggest anything else

I don't believe that the connection with the optical cable can affect the FMod, you have to try to change the audio settings of your PC, possibly try with a simple stereo headset and see if it works. I'm sorry I can't suggest anything else
Okay thanks milord, I'll try. ;)

I've tried a lot of options and I still continue without FMOD sounds. There is something in my head that told me that the problem maybe is related to my RBR base installed game. I installed a random RBR 1.02 version game that I saw fast on the internet and then after I installed the RBR Pro launcher. Now, I'm installed the Rallysimfans.hu pack. I'll tell if it finally solves my issue. :/

Well... I've installed the Hungarian rallysimfans.hu version and all ok, I heard the FMOD sounds perfectly. I don't know if the problem it was by the base game previously installed or by RBR Pro/Czech version, etc., but my priority it was to hear FMOD sounds so I'm keeping the Hungarian. One question (curiosity), what physics are better/realist, Czech or Hungarian? Or are the same? Thank you to all!

It is a lot down to personal preference. The advantage with the Czech plugin and with the French (Rallyesim) is that they include older physics, and that means an even bigger selection of cars, while the Hungarian is constantly up to date with the newest physics, but with a smaller selection of cars.

Well... I've installed the Hungarian rallysimfans.hu version and all ok, I heard the FMOD sounds perfectly. I don't know if the problem it was by the base game previously installed or by RBR Pro/Czech version, etc., but my priority it was to hear FMOD sounds so I'm keeping the Hungarian. One question (curiosity), what physics are better/realist, Czech or Hungarian? Or are the same? Thank you to all!
I've done a clean HU install but FMOD seems not working too, even selecting different soundbanks in-game menu.
All cars sounds like a blower and I do not know why...
It's required a special bitrate in Windows? Cuz I'm running 24Bits 192kHz.

I've done a clean HU install but FMOD seems not working too, even selecting different soundbanks in-game menu.
All cars sounds like a blower and I do not know why...
It's required a special bitrate in Windows? Cuz I'm running 24Bits 192kHz.
In windows I have the maximum settings for my sound card at 24 bit and 96 kHz, I don't think it could be due to this but try to lower the settings, it doesn't cost anything.
Have you checked if the plugin is active in the game?

In windows I have the maximum settings for my sound card at 24 bit and 96 kHz, I don't think it could be due to this but try to lower the settings, it doesn't cost anything.
Have you checked if the plugin is active in the game?
Touching things on the launcherI unchecked "Enhanced FMOD car engine"and I do not why but worked.
The weird thing right now is that for some reason I've to re-map the controls everytime I close the game.
Before unchecking that option it worked perfectly, and I never had to do it since the first time.

Edit: Na, forget it.I deleted og .acm file and now works correctly.

Last edited:
Touching things on the launcherI unchecked "Enhanced FMOD car engine"and I do not why but worked.
The weird thing right now is that for some reason I've to re-map the controls everytime I close the game.
Before unchecking that option it worked perfectly, and I never had to do it since the first time.
Delete the pfXXX.acm file in \Richard Burns Rally\SavedGames, enter the game and remap your controls. It usually works for a long time or forever.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%