FM4 FM4 - Chat Thread

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Just looked at the March Pirelli download pack.
Ferrari race car from 70s looks sweet. :)

Why have more US historics though? Aren't there enough already? Yet another Aston, whoopie ding ......:(

Some of the more exotic cars are OK.

Are we running out of time for free tracks with our season pass? I think so.

"Delivering 60 of the hottest cars to supplement your “Forza” experience, the six game add-ons included in the Season Pass offer will be released from November 2011 to April 2012 and are must-haves for “Forza Motorsport” fans, whether you like to race, tune or simply collect cars from the hundreds of available models in “Forza Motorsport 4.”

No mention of tracks on the FM4 website. Yet an option for tracks dlc in the game. BOO HISS!

What's the betting they will be in a pay to play dlc after season pass runs out. Cynical, me, yep!

Well the next pack is a bit of a mix on cars.
Ultima GTR
BMW 850CSi
Chevrolet Corvair Monza
Chevrolet Nova SS 396
Ford Country Squire
Alfa Romeo GTV-6
#2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P
Wiesmann GT MF5
Aston Martin V12 Zagato (Villa d’Este)
Renault Clio Cup
Some old some new.Nothing special in my opinion. But the clio cup could be fun for a series.

Further the pass was from the start only for cars and no tracks.
So hopefully they'll still start on track-packs afterwards. But I doubt that.
I even don't know if they'll restart a new pass for new cars as well.
I guess it's just all about wait and see. :)

I've spent the whole afternoon researching/reading/watching videos about car tuning on Forza 4, just got to see if i can put any of it into practice i guess..

think I might find a dummy car to run my tests on?? I find the tuning setups on sf are very general and are never suited to a track in which I find myself on in the lobby mode.. don't get me wrong I wouldn't be winning a race or anything due to lack of skill.. but im not to be coming last would be nice haha

going to be doing some testing tonight to see if I can figure it out myself :)

I've spent the whole afternoon researching/reading/watching videos about car tuning on Forza 4, just got to see if i can put any of it into practice i guess..

think I might find a dummy car to run my tests on?? I find the tuning setups on sf are very general and are never suited to a track in which I find myself on in the lobby mode.. don't get me wrong I wouldn't be winning a race or anything due to lack of skill.. but im not to be coming last would be nice haha

going to be doing some testing tonight to see if I can figure it out myself :)

Think more along the lines of what the track is like you want to tune for e.g. High/Low Downforce, Long straights, Hairpins, Bumpy/Smooth surface. This should help to dictate where you want to go with upgrades. Maximum upgrades in the Platform and Handling menus are almost always needed. Aero is not always necessary, but get your driving as smooth as possible, especially on corner exit, the slightest bit of powerslide can cost you heavily.

Sometimes you can get away with only installing a Sport Gearbox to save a few PI for power. Another trick you can try is tune your gearbox to not use the final gear e.g. If you have a 6 speed only use up to the top of 5th for the longest straight. I've found that as long as your gear are fairly even you should be OK around most tracks.

Think more along the lines of what the track is like you want to tune for e.g. High/Low Downforce, Long straights, Hairpins, Bumpy/Smooth surface. This should help to dictate where you want to go with upgrades. Maximum upgrades in the Platform and Handling menus are almost always needed. Aero is not always necessary, but get your driving as smooth as possible, especially on corner exit, the slightest bit of powerslide can cost you heavily.

Sometimes you can get away with only installing a Sport Gearbox to save a few PI for power. Another trick you can try is tune your gearbox to not use the final gear e.g. If you have a 6 speed only use up to the top of 5th for the longest straight. I've found that as long as your gear are fairly even you should be OK around most tracks.

Yeah I noticed that about the gear ratios, and hear you about the corner exit, That is the one area I really need to focus on, as it is mainly me been too greedy probably!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back