Flying Vehicles

I've seen in various tracks flying helicopters, airplanes and blimps...very cool. Anyone know how these are placed in BTB?

If the objects are static, the only thing you have to do is adjust their altitude with the XPacker. I haven't got the XPacker here, but I know there is a tab where you can adjust the altitude above ground. Fiddle around with the XPacker, because that tab is not hard to find.

As for moving objects, that's a different kettle of fish. I'll leave that to the serious experts.

Probably needs some additional code in the .scn file?[/QUOTE said:
Rotating objects (mesh files) instances are prefaced in a rFactor .scn file by "RotateY<xxx>".

For example:

Instance=RotateY0.9_UFO-01
{
Moveable=True
MeshFile=
UFO-01.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
}

My daughter showed me how to do that in the online game Second Life. She put a rotate script inside of a transparent sphere then connects whatever she wants to fly around to the sphere with transparent prims. So it looks like the object is flying around on its own, but actually just rotating using the sphere. The script is nothing but a rotate script using X or Y and a speed from 0 to 1.0 Z is used for altitude in this game. Could be something simular but then totally different I guess. Don't under stand scripting or the 3d environment very well. I guess you would have to do something like that in BTB. Maybe someday that will be possible.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 332 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.2%