Flying objekts - why?

Hy again,
...what I do wrong, but after import my house model flying undo ground... I try it change in Xpaker setup but - not have the same effect...
I made my objekt in Skechup, and save them as 3ds.

screenshot007j.jpg

By antanas_j at 2009-05-10

Hy again,
...what I do wrong, but after import my house model flying undo ground... I try it change in Xpaker setup but - not have the same effect...
I made my objekt in Skechup, and save them as 3ds.

When you make it in sketch up, make sure the object is lowered to ground. (as pictured).

In BTB however sometimes I still get this effect where the building is floating, in that case uncheck the "Rest on Ground" box, then select the object and hold down the "Y" key whilst moving the object and it will lower the object to the ground.

That should solve any issues.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 245
What you need to do is :

1- Center the pivot point to the object
2- Move object to 0,0,0 coordinates
3- Reset pivot point to 0,0,0 coordinates
4- Reset xform
5- Make sure xform coordinates of pivot point is on 0,0,0
6- Collapse all

That procedure is used with max. If you have .3ds file, you can import then do thoses change and re-export. For Sketchup.. I don't know, sorry.

In XPacker, on the Objects' Edit tab, click the "Center Object On Ground". This will look at all vertices of the object and shift everything so that it is centered in the X/Z coords and lowered so that the lowest vertice is at a height of zero.

In XPacker, on the Objects' Edit tab, click the "Center Object On Ground". This will look at all vertices of the object and shift everything so that it is centered in the X/Z coords and lowered so that the lowest vertice is at a height of zero.

That's good to know piddy, I wasn't suggesting that a floating object was a BTB error, I am sure it is something to do with sketchup and 3DSimed when the files are converted. It happens intermittently.:skywalker:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%