Floripa and Interlagos kart tracks grip issues ?

Tested in the Direct karts:

These two tracks feel very different than the others to me. Not sure if it's due to tighter layout with more hairpins and slow sharp corners that's causing me problems and i will do more testing...
But the grip feels much less progressive and detailed on these two, i keep ''missing'' the radius mid corner resulting in overturning,losing the rear and unsmooth transitions from corner entry to corner exit. This happens especially with hairpins and slow tight corners. I have no big issues with mid speed and fast turns (they grip well enough imo), although i also notice less grip than on the other tracks.

I have no(or acceptable amount of) such ''wtf ?!'' frustrating issues on the other tracks, i hardly ever lose the rear unexpectedly there or miss the radius mid corner. I can go on the throttle earlier and can floor the throttle from midway around the corner much more confidently without the danger of losing the rear and the kart grips very well.

I'm definitely not the best kart driver, but it does seem to me like there's quite a difference in grip/kart behavior on these two tracks. Anyone else feels like these two are much more slippery ?

Update:

Ok, i've lowered track detail to medium and now it feels a bit better, more manageable.
I noticed i had more fluctuating fps and a bit of stuttering on these tracks...
These are now less frequent, fps feels more stable, the camera comes around the corner in a smoother manner and i can now better/faster judge when to start unwinding the wheel mid corner or if my turning radius is excessive.

It appears smoother, more stable fps helps me out a bit and makes the driving experience better.
I think so... :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back