Floppy padle shifter or stickshift?

Hello everyone,

I would like to have your take on this. I've tried both, mostly floppy panel because I feel it is faster and it allows to keep the hands on the wheels at all times, which is nice if you have to change gears often like on city tracks. However, on some tracks with slow, very tight turns where the wheel has to turn a lot, I find it more convenient to use the stick.

What do you guys think?

Sequential gearstick for me at all times.

I find the more positive motion of up and down shifting by a stick means less getting it wrong. I find it too easy just to down shift too many times when I'm just (and I apologise in advance for the phrase) flicking a finger.

YMMV. :)

• Matt Crouch

I use the "paddles" on the DFP - does anyone know if it's possible to bind the paddles and sequential shifter at the same time? Would like to have the option.

• Andrew Evans

i was thinking about this earlier when reading some of the stuff posted about the sequential (i have a dfp too).... i guess you could reassign shift up and down to two unused keys and then use the logitech profiler thingo to map the controls on the wheel to the keys you setup... gonna try this tonight!

• Chris Standring

I use the Stick Shifter on my DFP, used paddles at first but there a bit small and fiddly when you need to put a lot of lock on. Looking at the G25 its probably a more viable option to use paddles though as there a bit more substantial.

• Andrew Evans

i like the idea of having both available for those occassional moments where the wheel is at mad angles and you're scrabbling around like grand master of yoga trying to flick the paddle... :D

• Matt Crouch

i was thinking about this earlier when reading some of the stuff posted about the sequential (i have a dfp too).... i guess you could reassign shift up and down to two unused keys and then use the logitech profiler thingo to map the controls on the wheel to the keys you setup... gonna try this tonight!

Good idea, was thinking it would probably be possible to do it by editing config files but this seems just as easy

edit: also, do people really use forwards for gear down and backwards for gear up? I know this is what it's like in real life (from what I've seen) but when I've tried it that way round on the sequential I keep going the wrong way :eek:

Both, I mapped my paddles to the sequential shifter on my g25 using the Logitech profiler then set the game to change gears with the shifter. So now i can use both, the shifter is good to use when you have a tight corner and alot of lock.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%