Floaty front end.

Jake Fangio

Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain
So the front end is really floaty,and the cars feels like its pivoting in the middle.Any way to cure this?.I'm using a DFGT.Cheers:)

Should be able to sort through it.

Of all the games out there right now, I can agree, R3e does feel a touch floaty in some cars, but certainly not at showstopper levels. As I said, you should be able to sort if out...a bit annoying, but that is the norm now.

I enjoy r3e the most of all the sims out, as a note.

Experiment with damping (I use 50%), friction (10%) and spring (10%). Cured the floaty feel for me (T300).
T300 too and I use similar settings. Damper at max setting both in driver and in game (may need to turn this down) and add a bit of friction. Steering feels really tight, sharp and responsive. I'm enjoying the FFB once again.

The FFB settings are a dark art in R3E but once you get them right it feels great. Getting to that point is the problem.

So the front end is really floaty,and the cars feels like its pivoting in the middle.Any way to cure this?.I'm using a DFGT.Cheers:)
I've been saying this for years! I get the same feeling that the cars pivot instead of the front end turning. I don't think it's just down to FFB, watch a replay and look how the cars rotate when cornering. I agree that the FFB can probably be tuned to reduce the floaty feeling but the reason it can't be fixed is due to the basic steering coding. For me the steering is the most important part of any sim to give a level of car control. In RRRE I find that I am constantly correcting the steering input to counteract oversteer which is induced by the pivot mechanism not being as realistic as true front end steering. Having said all this I am starting to enjoy RRRE a lot more since the last update, get the steering right and you've pretty much got it nailed.

I've been saying this for years! I get the same feeling that the cars pivot instead of the front end turning. I don't think it's just down to FFB, watch a replay and look how the cars rotate when cornering. I agree that the FFB can probably be tuned to reduce the floaty feeling but the reason it can't be fixed is due to the basic steering coding. For me the steering is the most important part of any sim to give a level of car control. In RRRE I find that I am constantly correcting the steering input to counteract oversteer which is induced by the pivot mechanism not being as realistic as true front end steering. Having said all this I am starting to enjoy RRRE a lot more since the last update, get the steering right and you've pretty much got it nailed.
I agree,its not just down to the ffb.The coding is at fault.

I agree,its not just down to the ffb.The coding is at fault.
Lol,looks like i have my own personal stalker.Hey anus,I mean chronus,haven't you got anything better to do than go around disliking my comments.This is so funny mate,you are a bona fida keyboard warrior.I thought they were a myth,but I was wrong.How old are you 15 or something.:roflmao:

Iv'e been driving the Zakspeed Capri.I changed to the settings from the link,plus messed around with damper and friction and it doesn't seem so bad.The floaty bouncy feel cannot be the ffb,it's got to be the physics.

If it's the first game I play,it doesn't seem so bad.But if I play something before it(GSCE or RF2),it feels rubbish.It almost feels like shift 2!!,and I say that with a heavy heart.I want this game to have solid physics,but at the moment it doesn't.
Ignore the shift 2 reference,that is truly insulting.:notworthy:

Last edited:
Ok,so I seem to have got off on the wrong foot.I do love this game and if they can sort the one problem I find irritating,they can take all my cash for all the addons.They also seem to have a decent crew,who take a genuine interest in their community.:)

I agree with this post,It's so close to being No 1.

I have a floaty feeling as well specifically the first 45 degrees of rotation either way, there is just numb FFB no transmitting anything about the road or tires. In that range is where most spins happen. It's frustratingly bad, I've spent a good 2 hours trying things out and I've actually made it worse.

I've tried the .rcs edit and no luck with that either. The game is borderline unplayable because of this, I've got the same issue with pCars only that is slightly better on some cars.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 219 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%