Floaty feeling only with add-on tracks

Hi.

I've tried googling and searching for this several times over the past few years but haven't found a solution or explanation.

Is there a known issue with non-original tracks making the cars feel very different vs. on the original content?

If there is what is the fix?

The issue elaborated on below:
The most recent car I've tried this with was the 488 Gt3. My goal was to make the car feel as much like the 488 Challenge as I could. I played around with the car files by adjusting aero, power, grip, and adding a 7th gear... So lots of hours of fiddling with it and getting used to it.

I compared AC data with the car on Monza vs real life data from Monza, and got the car pretty damn good vs. real life after the hours of fine tuning. Similar corner speeds, top speeds, and braking points.

I then took the car to Albert Park (add-on track) ... And while the general performance of the car looks good on paper, it just feels like it's floating around on spaghetti springs. Seems to sway around like a drunk person and lacks feel.

I've had the same experience with other cars. Good on all original content tracks.. Horrible on any community developed tracks I've tried.

Thanks for your time.

I would say that is just down to the quality (or otherwise) of the addon track. Some modders put a huge amount of time and effort into their physical road mesh to give it real feeling and character (like the original Kunos tracks), whilst other modders do the bare minimum to get the track working.

In my opinion, a good addon track should have a nice dense physical road mesh with plenty of variety and feeling through the wheel.

wKmGdPU.jpg

Thanks. That might be it.
Shame... Makes them almost undriveable for me... Definitely less enjoyable.. But can't really complain much considering the price of the tracks.

Have you tried Goodwood, Bridgehampton or Riverside International? They have what I would consider to be excellent physical meshes on a par with (or better than) some Kunos tracks.

Not all addon tracks have bad feeling - some are really good. It just takes time to find out which, or which modders put the time and effort into it.

Also tracks converted from older sims typically suffer from this. They may not have separate physics surface and the existing graphical surface is also very low poly so it feels more like driving in a staircase than on real track, especially in corners.

Have you tried Goodwood, Bridgehampton or Riverside International? They have what I would consider to be excellent physical meshes on a par with (or better than) some Kunos tracks.

Not all addon tracks have bad feeling - some are really good. It just takes time to find out which, or which modders put the time and effort into it.
I'll have to give them a go.

I typically only use AC and rFactor when I need a specific track for coaching purposes.... For my own fun online I pretty much stick to iRacing.... But will definitely need to try some quality add on tracks.

Ghoults that probably describes all the add-on racks I've tried (converted from other older sims).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 39.9%