Flight Simulator X

Warren Dawes

Premium
I was a mad keen Flight Sim fan, with almost every imagineable addon for FS2004. All that died when two things happened at the same time,
1. FSX was released (I wasn't prepared to spend heaps on another rig for little benefit)
2. I started SimRacing as a change and was hooked.

Maybe when I get too old and slow (probably not far down the track :unsure:), I will return to Flight Simming.

Oh oh oh, Good ol' flight simming days !!!
I remember that I started FS on MS Flight Sim 98... was totally hooked up to that game, but had to play it on my brother's computer, so not much time spend there... the FS2000 was released! I'd love to fly the Concorde there, but I couldn't run in on the PC. But then I got my own PC and FS2002 was out !!! Wohooow, I've spend many, many hours there ! Even online with real traffic control and such... Wonderful, just wonderful !
After many months there was info on FS2004, and I immediatly pre-ordered it on SimWare.com... On the day of the release I got it, together with a fancy hat !!
In FS2004 I was really freaked. I joined the Belgian Virtual Airline calles "SN Brussels Airlines". That is by far the most professional VA out there, with their own planes, skins, and even software to log your flights (so no cheating). Now there is also an Flight Academy and such, but I haven't flown in a year or so.

Well that's a brief history of my FS carreer... But I do want FSX, but I can't run it, so I'll pass for that one...

lol
well i did start with the FS-95 (or was it 98...don't remember anymore)

actually all the previous i played was non legal version....& FS-x being my first legal one....but I am planning to buy FS 2004, because of the still large community support.....although FS-X is getting there....but it's been taking a while.....& i really want to also play online to test it

what will it be guys?
the Roaring Plane Maniacs ? :)

S

shenken

• shenken

I started my online flying back in late 2006 with FS9 aka FS2004. Before that I only flew once the MSFS Version 1.0 back in the (when was it?) i guess late 80ies early 90ies. After that I lost the relationship to it. In 2006 I got my hands on a cheap copy of FS2004 in a shop for a couple of Euros so I bought it and started to learn again. Weeks after flying offline I went online with IVAO. Now that´s a difference to fly online with real ATCs and what you all have to follow on rules, phraseology and such stuff. Lots of learning, reading charts etc. A very hard challenge and this is only online in a virtual enviroment. I will not know what a real Pilot has to learn :D

Right now i´m just flying offline again but now with FSX but in my eyes, the ACES studios that created this sim, did a disappointing thingie. While the graphics are really awesome, you really need a very modern PC if you want to enjoy FSX at least a little bit. Frames per second seems a lost part on that simulator.

If you guys seek a challenge, go online with IVAO or VATSIM and you got one ;)

My idea of a good challenging flight sim doesn't include ATC's. I prefer to rely on speed, tactics and firepower to win me over, hehehe. I have flown MS Combat Flight Sim a few times and have enjoyed it, but my real love for flying lies outside the MS Flight Sim world.
I prefer WWI air combat over anything else due to having to worry about stressing the airframe etc.

James Johnson

The Weatherman
Snowed In at Memphis With 1/4 Mile Visabillity :tongue:
Snowedin2.jpg

I am currently [still] an active member of BAVirtual [the virtual interpretation of British Airways] - using FS9. My current ride is the Level D Simulations Boeing 767. I am currently sitting in front of my PC at London City APT [virtual] getting used to my Aeroworx Raytheon - Baron King Air B200.

BAV have over 1200 pilots, many of whom are current or retired ATP pilots. With an in-house ACARS system for flight logging, a schedule database that mirrors the real world flights and a healthy reputation as one of the most professional and accurate VA's out there.

There is a VATSIM flyin on the way [Cross the pond] where long haul flights will be leaving from three UK airports for the cross Atlantic trip.

Can't wait...

Well I use the Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner FF for over some years now and it's still a working like it should be. The reason I bought that one is that it has a seperate throttle axis wit also buttons on it... :) It doens't cost that much either.

But if you really want to spend many many Euro's, I'd suggest the HOTAS Cougar controls. And If I'm right there is another one with 2 parts (Thottle and Yoke), with a build in LCD screen in the feet, but don't know the name anymore...

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000