rF2 Flat6 Series @ Silverstone - Friday 8th January 2016

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Glad to hear that much fun was had. Was I the only one experiencing net code / lag issues then? I have not really raced with RF2 as I normally use GSCE.

In practice and qually if any car came within about a 25m radius it would appear to jitter around the track and on most occasions I would suddenly get thrown in the air or put into a slide (presumably because of contact caused by the jitter). By the time it came to to warm up, with so many cars on the track it was impossible for me to leave the pit lane without getting contact / thrown in the air etc.

Just wandering if I should stick to GSCE or maybe give RF2 another chance. Any suggestions for possible causes / fixes much appreciated. I have a GTX980 on windows 7 with a quad core intel Q6600 (quite an old processor but running at 2.4ghz so not terrible). I was getting no lower than high 40fps and most of the time 60+. Could it be an FPS issue?

Glad to hear that much fun was had. Was I the only one experiencing net code / lag issues then? I have not really raced with RF2 as I normally use GSCE.

In practice and qually if any car came within about a 25m radius it would appear to jitter around the track and on most occasions I would suddenly get thrown in the air or put into a slide (presumably because of contact caused by the jitter). By the time it came to to warm up, with so many cars on the track it was impossible for me to leave the pit lane without getting contact / thrown in the air etc.

Just wandering if I should stick to GSCE or maybe give RF2 another chance. Any suggestions for possible causes / fixes much appreciated. I have a GTX980 on windows 7 with a quad core intel Q6600 (quite an old processor but running at 2.4ghz so not terrible). I was getting no lower than high 40fps and most of the time 60+. Could it be an FPS issue?
This sounds like an issue I had. I think it even occurred with AI.
You can check by pressing CTRL C. it will display a purple bar (CPU load for physics) , if the purple bar goes more than 80% across or worse all the way it can (CPU physics calcs) drop out of real time. Cars around you appear to jitter as the CPU cant plot their position. On the replay your car will have mini freezes.
In my case it was solved by enabling multithreading. (if you have 4 cores or more).
Go to player JSON file. (user/player/ )open in note pad. search for simprocessor threshhold. If its says "255" , change it to 3. Save.
255 means multithreading disabled. 3 means enabled.

See if that helps.

More than half a year after my last race @ RD i joined this and it was nice as always. Focused a bit more on iR last few month, but i really need to have an eye on this forum again for further racing, as this is always a nice spot to find some good, clean and fair racing.
Whether i felt a bit sick i wanted to be part of this. First race was a mess! Lost car slightly at the end of L1, bit later i hit @Anders Nilsson very unforgivable. Touched the grass and had no more chance to avoid that crash, very sorry about that. From the end of the pack i made my way back in the 20th with some nice racing, especially with @Stefan Woudenberg and @Lorenzo Bonder.
Race 2 was not that intense. Just Anders, who sticked nearly the whole race to my bumper, made it somehow interesting.
Looking forward to more of this!

some highlights from my pov...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back