rF2 Flat6 Series @ Silverstone - Friday 8th January 2016

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
What an epic night of great racing. Thanks a bunch @Daiman Patel for setting this up :thumbsup:
Epic seems to be the right word :thumbsup:
Yesterday read about it, become a member, practise some laps in the morning, waitin 4 the eventening, joining the good filled server and BSOD smiling at me by loading nearly 30 Players:mad:
Nice help from Gijs took me finally in and i had 2 great races with fair play all around me, hope this starts an series of repeated full servers :)
thx Ramon for 347.88 Tip, found another one saying to disable the HD Audio Device with same Vendor like your Graphicscard.
Try and error, we will see:laugh:

greetings from Mikk:cool:

It was a pleasure to share the track with so many legends of old and new and new faces alike.
Thanks for the driving lesson from the guys at the pointy end. (with few set up options and all in identical cars its bound to be ultra close in quali no?..........Not!)
Thanks for great racing in Race 1 from all.

Race 2 I suffered damage after 3 hits in one sector and had to retire. As we were a little late and with 19 mins left to wait and my wife opening the friday bottle of red wine I wasn't hard core enough to do Race 3.
Thanks all.
Well done @Daiman Patel for putting it together.

Never managed to set a time in Qualie so starting from 34th :p as fun as it sounds, it was asking for trouble. Race 1 with the full grid lasted almost one lap where I did manage to gain around 10 places (and was massive fun) but got rammed off the road on corner exit (not too happy about that).
Looking forward to another one of these though :D... @Daiman Patel , thanks for organizing it!

As being the punishing bag here... Or maybe people drive like I am not there ... Or just cannot see me...

Race 1 was maybe worse than a public server, been hit an pushed off so many times that it is not funny anymore... The persons in question waiting? They probably never read that RD rule.

Race 2 was 100% clean which made my bad feeling almost completely go away. :)

Race 3 almost 100% clean, had lost my rhythm and kept spinning coming out of the fast corners (the reason I not really like this car).

Thanx for the organisation and the banter on TS.:thumbsup: Still hoping for clean night of racing...some day...:p

gutted i couldn't join again ,after leaving to change my user name.and still cant change my user name:mad::cry:and i was top 10 in practice :D;)
Did you follow these instructions?

(?):\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player
Open: player.JSON open with Notepad
Ctrl+F: find the following line ("Player Name" and "Player Nick")
Change them to your name.
Save the file.
Check the name in the game...

You need to uncheck the read only option in player folder in properties
if you don't do this first it doesn't work.

Did you follow these instructions?

(?):\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player
Open: player.JSON open with Notepad
Ctrl+F: find the following line ("Player Name" and "Player Nick")
Change them to your name.
Save the file.
Check the name in the game...

You need to uncheck the read only option in player folder in properties
if you don't do this first it doesn't work.
Thanks Davy i'll give it a go,i'm not the best when it comes to PC.Thanks again for set up think i could of got another second on a perfect lap;)

it worked thanks again

Last edited:
As being the punishing bag here... Or maybe people drive like I am not there ... Or just cannot see me...

Race 1 was maybe worse than a public server, been hit an pushed off so many times that it is not funny anymore... The persons in question waiting? They probably never read that RD rule.

Race 2 was 100% clean which made my bad feeling almost completely go away. :)

Race 3 almost 100% clean, had lost my rhythm and kept spinning coming out of the fast corners (the reason I not really like this car).

Thanx for the organisation and the banter on TS.:thumbsup: Still hoping for clean night of racing...some day...:p
I got tapped out a couple of times too, once I'm damn sure could have easily avoided. Going to review the replays when I get home.

I really enjoyed it despite my lack of pace... I need to practice a lot more I couldn't lap up 2.07 at all... Dunno how you guys do it lol

@Stefan Woudenberg
I know what you mean. I got 3 hits from the same car in the same sector in lap 1 race 2.
I guess there has been an influx of new people and there needs to be some work to get all on the same page.
So I recommend you follow the protest protocols and that way anyone who is not "racing in the spirit" will get feedback.
Hey its a smaller job than the Cologne police department has to culturally acclimatise some new people.

Send us an incident report please. Watch the replay, grab your cellphone to record it and share the video with the club organizer and we can do something about it.

Matter of seconds really. Nobody of us expects our members to try an replicate a Hollywood blockbuster :)

WOW! Just... wow! :D What an absolutely incredible evening of racing that turned out to be! Save the numerous BSoD / graphics issues that some of you experienced, the event went pretty smoothly, especially considering the sheer number of people taking part. Other than the insane Nordschleife event, this is one of the largest ever grids we've had RD, in rF2 (and a number of other sims for that matter). And it was made all the more epic and intense by the close racing! :x3:

An event of this proportion wouldn't have happened if it were not for all of you who joined, so many thanks. :) Also a special thanks to anyone who provided technical support where required. :thumbsup:

@Stefan Woudenberg
I know what you mean. I got 3 hits from the same car in the same sector in lap 1 race 2.
I guess there has been an influx of new people and there needs to be some work to get all on the same page.
So I recommend you follow the protest protocols and that way anyone who is not "racing in the spirit" will get feedback.
Hey its a smaller job than the Cologne police department has to culturally acclimatise some new people.

I know what you mean David, but spending my Saturday trying to make a video and see all my "bad luck" again, won't me feel better and won't give me back the fun and time to practice to take part in the event.

I think being on TS should be mandatory, so when someone acts badly on track you can directly give feedback and they can act on that. Or when you make a mistake you directly can say "sorry!" and wait for the other retake their position.

I know what you mean David, but spending my Saturday trying to make a video and see all my "bad luck" again, won't me feel better and won't give me back the fun and time to practice to take part in the event.

I think being on TS should be mandatory, so when someone acts badly on track you can directly give feedback and they can act on that. Or when you make a mistake you directly can say "sorry!" and wait for the other retake their position.
I understand your feelings but....
If they dont get made aware they race the same again and again.
So they need to find out.
I made my video this morning in less than 10 mins.
Click replay, chase view, click record, save as movie, upload. Job done.

I wont post mine yet, I will give the other party time to reply.

I have to diagree re TS though. TS with 40 people is not my idea of fun. Also what can you say thats polite on TS when you get hit?

I will leave as it is. One of the offenders was already banned after the first race.
I checked the replay part in rF2, but I can't find the record button in there to record as movie.
I will leave it for now and leave this race behind me. :) And look forward to the next one. :) Hopefully again with a full grid. :thumbsup:

This was a fun and exiting experience. I like the cars, although it was a challenge not to spinn when the rear tyres started to get worn.

Managed to make 2:06.xxx when practicing in the afternoon so I thought I would manage to keep a decent pace in the race. Could'nt keep up to that in the race though in the first two races. So with some time for afterthoughts I feel I was too much off the pace for a starting field of this size and so fast racers with tight racing.
Had to go to the "men's room" and missed the start for race 3.
Race 4 was fun and I enjoyed some good racing.
So overall I feel I need to be consistently more closer to the top half for the next race. But I'll keep on practicing. :)

Incidents:
@Stefan Woudenberg . I'm aware after looking at the replays that I should have given you more room on the outside in race 1, lap 1, turn 5. Did'nt see you when racing but sorry for that, my bad.

@Galin Dimov . In race 2 we clashed into each other two times and I then really couldn't figure out what happened. After looking at the replays I can see that this was due to some strange computer issue. Both times you first passed me and then reappeared some seconds later.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%