rF2 Flat6 Series @ Mid Ohio - Fri 16Feb18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well, the first race was nice. Had some good battles, but I had such bad jitter in VR.
Especially sector 3, last 3 corners where so bad that I wanted to quit every other lap. I don't know, but it felt like I had 20% fps drop out... good that I don't get nausea from that stuff in VR.
The 2nd race as even worse, I don't know why, but I figured I will fight it till the end.
I had set everything on low already, no SS, because I noticed in practice that it does not run smooth.

So maybe, for the next races, could we choose tracks that are DX11 optimized? Or at least run well, Bathurst last week was running much smoother.
That be great!

Anyway, thanks for hosting. :thumbsup: Had some good battles never the less, just was scared that I might bump into someone because the cars were jittering around in front of me and I could never be certain that I am not already in the rear bumper. :ninja:

Hi guys,

I hope you all enjoyed last night's event! :) I sincerely apologise for not being able to join you. There was a very late "call to arms" at the office yesterday, and I had to stay behind to help prepare a software release for the vast majority of the company's clients; it was a fairly substantial job, given the size of the release and the number of customers being upgraded, hence the need for more hands on deck.

I will definitely be back again next week for the Formula 2 event, but for yesterday's race I would like to say thank you to @Steve Le Gallez for taking over in my stead! :D I trust that he did a sterling job, and was an brilliant administrator! ;)

Guys I don't know what's going on...after restarting three times it looks like steam does not start up...I don't know where the issue could be, does anyone has a clue?
I am sorry to hear that you were unable to take part in the race last night. That sounds like a very strange issue; maybe a Steam service outage in your area? :O_o: Hopefully you will be back and able to join us for next week's event! :thumbsup:

Well, the first race was nice. Had some good battles, but I had such bad jitter in VR.
Especially sector 3, last 3 corners where so bad that I wanted to quit every other lap. I don't know, but it felt like I had 20% fps drop out... good that I don't get nausea from that stuff in VR.
The 2nd race as even worse, I don't know why, but I figured I will fight it till the end.
I had set everything on low already, no SS, because I noticed in practice that it does not run smooth.

So maybe, for the next races, could we choose tracks that are DX11 optimized? Or at least run well, Bathurst last week was running much smoother.
That be great!
I did test Mid Ohio using DX11 before selecting the circuit as the venue for this event; on the whole it appeared to be fine - there were a few specular artefacts from advertisement boards, fencing and other track-side objects particularly in the second half of the track, but nothing major. However, you have clearly highlighted that there are fairly significant graphical and optimisation issues that still affect VR users. I'm sorry about this - I did not think that it would have such a drastic impact on performance. :unsure:

Thank you for making me aware of this problem @jego - I shall bear it in mind from now on, and only select track mods that are explicitly described as having been updated for DX11 to hopefully avoid a recurrence. If it does ever happen again then please let me know. :rolleyes:

Regarding Bathurst, I expect this track did not exhibit the same problems because it was developed with input from ISI, therefore albedo maps, colour correction, etc. was probably taken into consideration at the time. The same also applies for Suzuka (a.k.a. Matsusaka), which has not actually been updated to be used with DX11.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to take part in the race last night. That sounds like a very strange issue; maybe a Steam service outage in your area? :O_o: Hopefully you will be back and able to join us for next week's event! :thumbsup:

I don't know why this happens, I had some freezes during first race of yesterday's event. I decided restarting PC before the second one, but since then no clue why Steam is not working. I even tried this morning to start it up and nothing. Not even login dialog appears...anyway, will try to find a solution for this matter.

I don't know why this happens, I had some freezes during first race of yesterday's event. I decided restarting PC before the second one, but since then no clue why Steam is not working. I even tried this morning to start it up and nothing. Not even login dialog appears...anyway, will try to find a solution for this matter.
Hmmm, that it very bizarre! :cautious: I hope that you are able to find a solution soon! :)

Oh come on , forgot that ive signed up :( sorry people. I like too much this mod but had a birthday that day and couldnt participate,hope next time i can race with this great car

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back