rF2 Flat6 Series @ Croft Circuit - Friday 22nd January 2016

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I just cant get back in the server...blue screening my pc every time, really odd as i was on the server earlier no problems and have been practicing with the same car and track all week, its sods law i guess :(

This was great fun, and nice, clean racing as always here. :thumbsup:

Had some great fights with Rui which was great. :thumbsup:

For my own part I'm very satisfied. I'm starting to gain some decent consistency now in the races. My average lap time deviation from my fastest was only 1.267 sec in the second race, the best for me so far.:)

Thanks to @Mike Bell for the set up you shared last Friday :thumbsup:. Don't know what made it, but it really suited my way of driving and the car felt controllable and reliable for me. I usually feel somewhat uncomfortable and becomes cautious not to be caught by oversteer in these kind of cars. But that was no worry this time so I could push more than I use to. It felt stable in braking and If it the rear end started to drift I could just give some throttle and it would straighten up (to a limit of course :D). In the some of the corners a slight throttle lift off helped the turn in. Great!

Thanks all. See you next week.

This was great fun, and nice, clean racing as always here. :thumbsup:

Had some great fights with Rui which was great. :thumbsup:

For my own part I'm very satisfied. I'm starting to gain some decent consistency now in the races. My average lap time deviation from my fastest was only 1.267 sec in the second race, the best for me so far.:)

Thanks to @Mike Bell for the set up you shared last Friday :thumbsup:. Don't know what made it, but it really suited my way of driving and the car felt controllable and reliable for me. I usually feel somewhat uncomfortable and becomes cautious not to be caught by oversteer in these kind of cars. But that was no worry this time so I could push more than I use to. It felt stable in braking and If it the rear end started to drift I could just give some throttle and it would straighten up (to a limit of course :D). In the some of the corners a slight throttle lift off helped the turn in. Great!

Thanks all. See you next week.
Could I get your setup please?

I had great fun although I don't like this car too much.

First race was mostly lonely, as I experienced a lag spike just when I needed to catch my oversteer moment in the 2nd corner. Was dead last at that time, could fight back to 15(?) at the finish.

Second race was more intense. Started just outside the top 10 and could get to 7th, not on speed but more on keeping the car on the black stuff. In the final laps . I noticed that Joao was behind me with a 7 seconds gap. I knew that I couldn't make any mistakes if I wanted to have a tiny change to keep my position. Within 4laps the gap was down to less than a half second, but this track doesn't have many overtaking opportunities. Time saved me, if the race would have been 1 lap longer, I am sure that I would have lost my position.

Thanx again for the fun night and see you all in one of the next ones. :thumbsup:

This was my first club race and I was the slowest car out there but it was lots of fun. I'll definitely be back for more. Thanks everyone and sorry again Tero!
No worries :) It was really my fault as I saw you go off and realised you will be crossing the track at a time when my car will be in that area if I drive normally. But I decided to risk it and just kept going which was totally the wrong decision. And not only because our cars hit :p But also because I had enough of a lead to afford to go for a safe option and just slow down and let your car slide across the track.

And glad that you enjoyed yourself :)

Yet another great evening of racing! :D

Unfortunately, the first was a bit of a disaster for me; I found myself going backwards rather than forwards (I could have made more progress putting the car in reverse)! :roflmao: I think a few last minute tweaks to my setup didn't help, and I was experiencing a bit of instability and understeer. Sorry @Theo van den Brink for the incident going in to the first corner; I couldn't slow the car down enough. Also apologies to @Joao Fernandes - hopefully I didn't unsettle your car too much when I bumped into you - and @Marc - I hope that I didn't squeeze you too much on the first lap (one minute you were in my mirrors and the next you were in my blind spot).

Thankfully my fortunes changed during the second race. In spite of a poor start - I kept the clutch engaged for too long off the line - I managed to keep my cool and found myself in a fantastic battle of wits with @Steve Le Gallez for the duration of the race. Neither of us wanted to push too hard and force ourselves into making mistakes. The racing was very patient, controlled and calculated. When I eventually made it past, after Steve did make an error going in to the first corner, he came back fighting and really piled on the pressure. For fear of catching a slide that would cause me to lose time and position, I was worried every time I entered a braking zone that I'd make a typical, silly mistake. However, I managed to keep my car on the black stuff and always facing the right direction, and the hard work really paid off with a 4th place finish! I was elated to say the least. I look forward to many more fights like this in the future Steve! ;)

Hopefully we'll see you all again for another exciting event next week! :)

So many things went wrong for me this event :/

Tonnes of Pre-Event pace, couldn't get close in Qually, Several screenfreezes and tonnes of FPS issues in race 1, then ended up in a tree in race 2 :/

Can I has some luck in these cars pls? 2 events in a row, tonnes of pre-event pace, then just nothing in event :/

Glad to see people using the setup I had sent out for Newerburgring, guess that means its pretty decent :)

Even when things went wrong in both races i still had a lot of fun recovering from the back.
In both races had some troubles that led me to wait for the field to pass and then trying to regain some positions.
And that made it even more interesting with several battles during the 20 minutes and the final laps in both races were really exciting. :D

@Stefan Woudenberg sorry for that bump on the final lap. I was giving it all under braking, lost it a little and made contact. :redface:

Even when things went wrong in both races i still had a lot of fun recovering from the back.
In both races had some troubles that led me to wait for the field to pass and then trying to regain some positions.
And that made it even more interesting with several battles during the 20 minutes and the final laps in both races were really exciting. :D

@Stefan Woudenberg sorry for that bump on the final lap. I was giving it all under braking, lost it a little and made contact. :redface:

No worries mate. :thumbsup: You waited for me and our gap to 9th was big enough to keep our positions. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back