Fixup Plugin Support

It's not that simple. I use RSRBR with 2013 mod and yes - every widescreen resolution work fine except 1280x720 :( . There is just a black screen or menu has no letters. Resolutions higher or lower than 1280x720 are ok. It seems to be a problem with RSRBR itself...

It's not that simple. I use RSRBR with 2013 mod and yes - every widescreen resolution work fine except 1280x720 :( . There is just a black screen or menu has no letters. Resolutions higher or lower than 1280x720 are ok. It seems to be a problem with RSRBR itself...

:redface:

Edit: Removed long-winded tutorial circumventing the problem using an automatic window resizer. porridge has the fix :p

The menu text and HUD issues can be solved by having "centerMenu=1" in \Plugins\FixUp.ini. It seems that you have "centerMenu=0" in there, swissarmy, so let's fix that first and foremost and then worry about the rest.

Actually, even though RBR doesn't support that resolution (the other unsupported ones are 1280x768 and 1280x800), you should be able to use ANY resolution in window mode. The performance level may drop significantly in window mode, but still. Just make sure that FixUp.ini has "fullScreenWindow=1" and RichardBurnsRally.ini has "Fullscreen=false" in it.

----------------

EDIT - I have to take something back now that I've tested something for the first time. I got the idea about the unsupported resolutions from here: http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=445. And even if that tutorial has at least one mistake on it, I have so far believed those three resolutions mentioned were unsupported in every sense of the word, mainly because with me, RBR with 1280x800 hasn't functioned ideally on my 16:10 monitor whereas 1440x900 and 1680x1050 work fine.

However, now that I tested 1280x800 on Windows desktop, I can see the similar issue as I do with RBR. The screen is not centered properly, the left side being slightly off-screen, hence the black strip on the right + the top and the bottom slightly off as well. Luckily, they're such small drawbacks that RBR's perfectly playable.

So in short, it could very well be that there are no truly unsupported resolutions in RBR (with FixUp, that is) as I first claimed, only bad monitors (or graphics cards even) that can't handle those resolutions. It's mind-boggling really, but so be it. :)

Hi folks,

version 1.10 of the famous FixUp plugin is available, see first posting for the download link.

Details as usual in the readme.

In short:
This release fixes the calculation of the collision mesh to prevent crashes of the game when hitting an object with the car.

Cheers,
Uncle G.

Version 1.11 of the FixUp plugin is available, as usual the link is provided in the first posting (which should remain the same in the future and point to the latest release).

Changes in version 1.11:
* material maps fix

Cheers,
Uncle G.

Version 1.12 of the FixUp plugin is available, as usual the link is provided in the first posting.

Changes in version 1.12:
* check and fix name offsets of animation ids in DLS data

Tracks like Mlynky, Falstone II, Osli - Stryckovy may crash while loading or starting the stage.
This fix repairs the corrupt data in memory before RBR gets in touch with it.

Cheers,
Uncle G.

Hi, I just joined the site and I'd like to say a big thanks to Workerbee for his work on RBR. I play the RSRBR mod, I started with the 2012 version and I just could not get the game to look correct in the 16/9 format and I had a real problem with camhack screwing up the engine sounds on replays. I'm now on 2013 and all my problems have gone! It works perfectly so I'm guessing its because of Workerbee and his plugin :D The game sounds so much better as well, especially the distance fading on replays

Version 1.13 is available for download.

This release fixes a sanity check of an index into an array containing the rally names while loading the car flip animation of add-on tracks.
That bug caused crashes while loading "Loch Ard" as track 160.

Have fun,
Uncle G.

Sorry but i did not find a solution to my problem.
I put my fixup plugin first time to windowed mode in richardburnsrally.ini and fulscreen in fixup plugin, to have multitasking.
So i started ouninpohja stage 34 km and after a while my monitor turned off ...:)(
There is any other way to fix than turn off from windows the mon. standby ???
Thanx in advance //

How do you stop RSRBR from overwriting any version newer than 1.9.3? It doesn't matter if I make it read only or what, everytime the game starts up it reverts it back to 1.9.3.

Have a problem with Mini WRC. Last night i try to finish Sikakama about 40 times and never reach to 2.split. Engine dies and after that temperature start to increase. No matter is fixup set 1 or 10. Run it at reduce damage also, same thing. Is there something else to do?

Well, this does not seem to be an issue of RBR's engine.
You should contact the physics creator of this car, maybe others have this kind of problem as well.
If you are the only one facing this problem, it might be related to your driving style.
If the behaviour is the same when running at reduced damage level, then it is not related to the head gasket.
RBR calculates some of the damage handling code only at realistic damage level.

Have a problem with Mini WRC. Last night i try to finish Sikakama about 40 times and never reach to 2.split. Engine dies and after that temperature start to increase. No matter is fixup set 1 or 10. Run it at reduce damage also, same thing. Is there something else to do?

I'm getting a similar problem with the Fiesta (2011) at Joux Plane. The engine loses power before eventually stopping, and then shortly afterwards a water temperature warning. At first I thought I was downshifting too early, but intentionally downshifting like a maniac is not reproducing it. It's occurring about 50% of the time pretty quickly after the second check point.

Is anyone else having issues with modern WRC cars?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.4%