Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

I bet the solution was .... search for 3 dots at the right place. :D
That's mostly where the advanced options are hidden in CM.

Hi,

Does anyone know how to set up an online server at night? I already have Sol and night shader installed. However the slider only goes up to 18:00 hrs in server mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

So if you have a problem finding the server section in your Content Manager like I just did press Ctrl+F2 to open the server manager or click the pull down menu next to the About option at the top right.(this explains why I never thought CM could manage the server.)

I know you can access racedepartment in content manager as i did so yesterday BUT today i cant seem to find it, im logged in on my browser but i cant find the link in content manager. Can you make a screenshot please it was kinda handy. Cheers.

Thanks @scorpio9gm for the link!! I didn't know under the weather FX section there was another slider that opens up and there you can set the time as well. Got the server running for night time and it looks so amazing!

Edit: whoops I meant @Jempy thx for the link!

Last edited:
@kawallito what I really like about it that now I can find my cars, before if you added cars and tracks you would have to update the server content and then restart the server manager and for some reason, I could never figure out why some of the fonts for the cars were so small I could not read them. But many thanks to you and @Jempy setting up a server is a breeze now and I will give the day-night cycle a try myself this weekend.

Hey, I know this thread is old, but none of the thing they say here seemed to fix my issue, so I searched and eventually found this fix and felt like it was important to tell y'all about it so people researching this will find my solution and hopefully it will fix it for them as well.

So you use content manager, go to the CM showroom, select the inner glass (very important to be the inner or it won't work) then click the three little dots next to the material, then click change value and make sure all the settings with "fresnel" in the name are set to 0. The fresnel effect is the culprit of the motion blur in many of the vehicles that have this problem, it worked on all the ones I've tried so far.

Unfortunately, this hasn't worked for me. Currently the Porsche 901 by AssettoDrive, Honda S2000 by Gentle Mind Performance and Acura NSX 2017 by Velosmodsworkshop have all had blurry windscreen textures for me. the Inner glass textures for all of them use "ksPerPixelReflection" and not "KsWindscreen" but I cannot find where to change this. Can someone please help me? I am using the latest version of Content Manager and Custom Shaders Patch. The only fix for me is to go back into previous versions of content manager but I lose a lot of features like dynamic brake wear and 3D Grass that I really want to keep. Thank You

Been using CM for two years with no problems, worked fine earlier today but suddenly it doesn't launch anymore, I get a fatal error when trying to launch. Tried reinstalling it, did nothing. Any ideas what to do?

cm fatal error.png

Do you play on old Bathurst ?

If so ... that's where the problem lies.
I had a race on it last week. Been racing on it for years with no problems. I don't follow, could you explain what you mean? How is a 4 year old track suddenly a problem?

So it's okay.
Not really, because I have no idea what just happened or if it's fixed so it could happen again for all I know.

And the old Bathurst, which according to you is a problem somehow, is still there.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years