Fixing Mad Catz Pro Racing Force Feedback Wheel

Hey!
Some time ago i bought a Mad Catz wheel. It was really cheap, but not without a reason, cause it was broken. More specificly , it was a gear failure. Someone just treated it with a little to much force. :p The gear looks like this:
IMG_20200128_174103.jpg

Yea i know its a little bit dirty and dusty, but it was sitting on attic for for quite a while. I decided to finally get to work and repair it, but i dont know where can I get that spare gear, additionally it turns out that Mad Catz was bankrupt in 2018 so I cant count for help from them, or can I?
So yeah, I am writing this post to get some help. Maybe someone has that wheel, was fixing it in the past, or just knows a little bit more than me. If anyone can help, I would be thankful!

You will very much Struggle to find that Exact part. Its obviously not a suitable part for say 3d printing or anything, so unless you can find the exact part or disassemble more to see what more there is to it, Id say your Up a Creek without a paddle.

Upvote 0
Hey!
Some time ago i bought a Mad Catz wheel. It was really cheap, but not without a reason, cause it was broken. More specificly , it was a gear failure. Someone just treated it with a little to much force. :p The gear looks like this:
View attachment 346674
Yea i know its a little bit dirty and dusty, but it was sitting on attic for for quite a while. I decided to finally get to work and repair it, but i dont know where can I get that spare gear, additionally it turns out that Mad Catz was bankrupt in 2018 so I cant count for help from them, or can I?
So yeah, I am writing this post to get some help. Maybe someone has that wheel, was fixing it in the past, or just knows a little bit more than me. If anyone can help, I would be thankful!
Hey out of the blue question, how do you disassemble your madcatz pro wheel. I'm not exactly using madcatz but the newer one from a different company called PXN and uses the same blueprint and all, my issue is that the gear in the wheel like grinds when I turn from right to left it makes quite an irritating noise then the other way.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing