Fixing Corridors

B

BrianRing

• BrianRing

I'm having a weird problem with the corridors on an oval. Hopefully the picture will help describe it. In BTB the corridors are angled the wrong way....they don't follow the banking. At first that wasn't a big deal to me as I knew I would rework the AIW in rF closer to completion and figured rF would fix it. The aiw editor in rF does fix the "slant" of the corridors but now I am unable to extend the corridors properly on the right side of the track.(Pic 2 is actually looking backwards on the track) I've now reworked the AIW in rF 3-4 times starting from scratch and I cannot get it to recognize the track edges properly. I tried to manually adjust but have been unable to get the "white" to show up on the other side of the waypoints although I can easily move the "red" lines back and forth along with the "blue" lines.

I'm sure I've done something that is causing this but I can't figure out what. I will add that the banking in BTB was not done using the camber tool but rather by editing the cross-sections. Anyone have something similar happen and/or an idea of what to fix?

Thanks
Brian

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 236
Sorry if it's wrong to use this post for what i'm gonna say, but it has to do with fixing corridors too.

I appended my track, then modified it's width in several points along the way, but now the corridors are too narrow for the parts of the track I widened.
Is there any fast way to widen the corridors to match the track instead of having to go through the nodes one by one?? after all, it is a 15km track :tongue:

With a long track you're always going to have a lot to do, but you could try this:

For each wide section of track, manually set the corridor widths for the first and last nodes, then delete the nodes in between. Use Ctrl-click to put them back, using as few as possible.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back