[Fixed] Post rating (temporary) disabled

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
We have installed the post rating modification a while back to give users an extra option to leave feedback on quality posts.

While at first the system was used as designed and well received as of late there are a growing number of people blatantly abusing the system by downvoting threads of certain users without ever explaining why.

As we are primarily a discussion forum where people can agree and disagree with each other and discuss certain topics the post ratings were installed as a bonus feature not to replace posts in a discussion.

Unfortunately it's costing our staff too much time on daily basis to deal with this abuse.

Until we find a way to deal with the abuse we are putting the post ratings on hold and revert back to the build in likes system.

We hope you understand this decision.

We have installed the post rating modification a while back to give users an extra option to leave feedback on quality posts.

While at first the system was used as designed and well received as of late there are a growing number of people blatantly abusing the system by downvoting threads of certain users without ever explaining why.

As we are primarily a discussion forum where people can agree and disagree with each other and discuss certain topics the post ratings were installed as a bonus feature not to replace posts in a discussion.

Unfortunately it's costing our staff too many time on daily basis to deal with this.

Until we find a way to deal with the abuse we are putting the post ratings on hold and revert back to the build in likes system.

Good decision in my opinion. Sometimes you get users who are unnecessarily volatile towards other users, and I dislike their posts - the reason would be pretty blatant if you just read their posts, so no explanation necessary from my side - and then a few hours later I find that they've gone onto my profile, opened my last 5 or 10 or whatever posts, and disliked them all.

I've seen this happen to numerous other users too. :roflmao:

you could've removed only the dislike and disagree ratings then :p

I prefered the old rating system, even with the abuse (which happened to me aswell a couple of times :whistling: ). As I said above, maybe removing just dislike and disagree temporarily would solve the issue (temporarily) too while still giving other users the extra options to leave positive feedback on other posts.

Good decision in my opinion. Sometimes you get users who are unnecessarily volatile towards other users, and I dislike their posts - the reason would be pretty blatant if you just read their posts, so no explanation necessary from my side - and then a few hours later I find that they've gone onto my profile, opened my last 5 or 10 or whatever posts, and disliked them all.

I've seen this happen to numerous other users too. :roflmao:

Indeed that was the case for me too and i admit that i agree/disagree with some post without an explanation....
You can leave the Agree and Funny ratings..this way if someone doesnt agree with you...he can rate it as funny hehehehe

Unfortunately it's costing our staff too many time on daily basis to deal with this.

If at all possible, it would be great to have the option to give nuanced 'likes', because while I might disagree with someone, I still have the option of marking his posts 'informative' (or 'creative', 'optimistic' or 'funny' if I were so inclined) insofar as it gives me insight into why his position differs from mine and that, despite of this, I still recognise his input as being relevant to the discussion at hand.

The dislike and disagree buttons are probably better left out, though, for the reasons you already outlined. :)

If at all possible, it would be great to have the option to give nuanced 'likes', because while I might disagree with someone, I still have the option of marking his posts 'informative' (or 'creative', 'optimistic' or 'funny' if I were so inclined) insofar as it gives me insight into why his position differs from mine and that, despite of this, I still recognise his input as being relevant to the discussion at hand.

The dislike and disagree buttons are probably better left out, though, for the reasons you already outlined. :)
isn't that what I said too? Just get rid of the dislike/disagree ratings and leave the rest :D

Bummer! I really liked the old system with those many opportunities to rate a post.
However, as it happens often in life the "normal" people are harmed by the ones, who misuse this system. Thx for that.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%