Fix stretched mirror images

Hi,

I'm seeking for advice on how to fix mirror image for a car mod in Automobilista. In the mirrors, all the cars behind are really really streched horizontally (i.e. wide and small).

What i learnt from other topics that side and center rear view mirror (incl. the virtual mirror) uses the same image, and the quality of that image can be tweaked via mirror.bmp file.
The shown image can be moved with certain shortkeys, but obviously it's not what i need.

I tried to tweak "Rearview Width/Height" parameters in the PLR file. No luck there.
Changing cam positions doesn't seem to have an effect on mirror image aspect ratio, either.

My best bet is there's something needs to be done in the car model.

Can someone point me to the right direction, please?

Cheers!

Can someone point me to the right direction, please?

To fix it properly the mirror object needs to be remapped with 3ds MAX, Blender, ZModeler, or 3DSimed.

But you can make a mirror.bmp that has the dimensions modified to "correct" the image in the mirrors. Doing this will break the virtual mirrors.

So for example if your mirrors in game are stretched 2x wide then make the mirror.bmp 2x the width to compensate.

Thanks for the hints, Gringo!

I'll try to find some help on how remap the objects as it is the proper solution it seems. I have 3DSimED and i looked into the mirror textures but i couldn't figure out what shall be done there.

Doing this will break the virtual mirrors.
What do you mean by that? The virtual mirror uses the same image as the others, right?

Hmm, i thought i had to increase the height of mirror.bmp to 2x in that case, not the width. I definitely give it a try! :)

Hmm, i thought i had to increase the height of mirror.bmp to 2x in that case, not the width.

Hi,

I might have it backwards but you get the idea.

The virtual mirrors use the same image and mirror.bmp... the default mirror.bmp is 4096x256 if I remember 16:1 ratio... so if you change the mirror.bmp then the v mirrors will be distorted.

Its possible to use 3Dsimed to correct the mapping, somewhere there is a UV scale edit feature... but not so easy to use I am sure.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%