Resource icon

Misc Fix repetitive ai going off-track 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Winner submitted a new resource:

Fix repetitive ai going off-track - eliminate ai repetitive off-track incidents at some corners

To celebrate Liverpool win against Man City, I am sharing this mod which eliminates repetitive ai gone off-track incidents at some corners in circuits like monaco, sepang etc. Make backup and replace files accordingly.

Basically, it invoIved reducing the following values in ai_vehicle_config.xml:

<trackCurvatureBrakeLineFactor float="1.0" /> to <trackCurvatureBrakeLineFactor float="0.9" />
<trackCurvatureCamberAngleMax float="0.5" /> to...

Read more about this resource...

Winner,

What a crazy discovery, I tried various values, 1.0, 0.975, 0.95 and 0.9, every time you decrease value, more slower is ai, from 1.0 to 0.9 are 3 seconds in china, this is possible!?

Could you please provide a fix for monza based on your ultimate realism mod, as we redline at 305kph
I have not tried the mod (not mine). May be you can try using the original ctf files for monza in cars folders.

Last edited:
Winner,

What a crazy discovery, I tried various values, 1.0, 0.975, 0.95 and 0.9, every time you decrease value, more slower is ai, from 1.0 to 0.9 are 3 seconds in china, this is possible!?
Thanks for the feedback. I did not monitor the timing as I am more concerned with the off-track incidents. May be the ai are more cautious and try to stay on track with the mod.

Winner updated Fix repetitive ai going off-track with a new update entry:

Use specific parameter instead of global one

This version used a different parameter so that the changes only affect the problematic circuits, namely monaco, sepang, montreal and suzuka. Make backups and replace files accordingly.

For those who like to do your own experiment, add or change the parameter in ai_vehicle_config.xml file:

eg for sepang, the line in red is added:

<vehicle_type name="sepang">
<laDistMin float="13.000000" />
<trackGlobalCurvatureModifier float="0.9" />
</vehicle_type>

Read the rest of this update entry...

Estoril's file is in .nfs file, even if you place a new file in the default folder the game will not load it, unless you edit the raceload.jpk for the tracks' files to load a different file as last position.

Estoril's file is in .nfs file, even if you place a new file in the default folder the game will not load it, unless you edit the raceload.jpk for the tracks' files to load a different file as last position.
No, if you have read, you will know I used files in ai folders. You can also refer to my other mod: ai going wide series.

No, if you have read, you will know I used files in ai folders. You can also refer to my other mod: ai going wide series.
Ah, yes, I got confused by the tracks' folder as you've written it now only affects specific tracks and those circuits' files were put in the mod.
Well, if the game will recognize an added entry for an other circuit, then it might be possible, yes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%