GT Sport Five New Cars Headline Latest GT Sport Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Polyphony Digital have updated GT Sport - adding five new cars as free content additions to the game.

The new update, released recently for the PlayStation 4 exclusive racing title, is the latest in a long line of free content updates that have appeared for GT Sport since it first became available to the gaming public back in October 2017.

In keeping with the usual GT Sport tradition, the latest content update adds five new vehicles to the title, giving players a nice mix of road and race machines from throughout the history of motoring. On the racing car front, the key addition of this new patch is undoubtedly the absolutely stunning Group C specification Porsche 962 C, one of the most iconic racing cars of the era, and a firm favourite for fans of endurance racing.

On the totally opposite end of the spectrum, Polyphony Digital have added the 2014 specification Honda Fit road car - again firming up the argument that GT Sport pretty much has something to drive for most peoples tastes.. or lack of, depending on your perspective..!

As well as new content, the latest build of the game also includes some new GT League events and Scape modes, further fleshing out the offline aspect of a title that many feared would be breaking away from the traditional Gran Turismo concept when it initially released in late 2017.

GT Sport Update 1.jpg

New Vehicles
  • Porsche 962 C ’88
  • Renault R8 Gordini ’66
  • Audi TT Coupé 3.2 Quattro ‘03
  • Honda Fit Hybrid ’14
  • Toyota Sprinter Trueno 3-door 1600GT APEX (AE86) ’83

GT Sport Update 2.jpg
GT Sport Update 3.jpg

GT Sport is available for PS4 now.

Check out the RaceDepartment GT Sport sub forum for news, discussion and everything GT Sport related!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

To each their own but GT Sport feels lazy to me. i feel like Poygamy is taking there customers for granted with these lackluster, slow drip releases of content. I can't get excited over a 2003 Audi TT. where in real life, there is a new TT RS model, so why aren't we getting that? Why don't we have more real world tracks?? Maybe my expectations were too high but between the awfully slow AI, the unrealistic car performance..ie, an Alfa 4c is faster than a Bugatti or any faster car in a race and multi player racing that is meh at best,(for goodness sake, get rid of the ghosting. that's not improving the quality of the racing. if anything it makes it worse because people make dumb movies knowing they will just ghost out).
It just feels like this title isn't living up to it's promise. But again, to each their own.

Buggatti's weight is almost double, the tires are not that much wider.

OK, if weight is double, then how about the power difference?

This game is way too biased towards Japanese content at the expense of being any kind of "sim". What is this crappy 4-door Japanese junk sedan doing in my GT3 races? STUPID! NO PLAY! (to put it in Tritter language :D)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 266 13.6%