First VR Pictures From rFactor 2 Break Cover

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 VR.jpg

Studio 397 have teased some images from the upcoming DX11 and VR update for rFactor 2, showing the game using a Virtual Reality headset for the very first time.

Revealed in a post on the official rFactor 2 Facebook page, Studio 397 have released the very first in game images from rFactor 2 making use of VR, further teasing fans keen to lay their hands on the update in the next few weeks.

Initially due to be released towards the end of the first quarter of 2017, Studio 397 recently announced a delay to the initial schedule as they work towards putting together a final push before a full public release, now scheduled May 2017. Understandably gamers are eager to see what the first major enhancement from the new developers of rFactor 2 have in store, and judging by the recent DX11 screenshots revealed so far it does look like fans are in line for a respectable improvement in the graphics delivered by the game.

rFactor 2 VR 2.jpg

DX11 is just the first step in a planned approached aimed at bringing rFactor 2 up to the level of it's sim racing rivals, with both virtual reality and a totally reimagined web based UI forming the most obvious changes to the title once it launches next month. With VR coming on stream rFactor 2 will finally join it's sim racing rivals Assetto Corsa, Project CARS and RaceRoom Racing Experience in making use of one of the latest technological advancements in modern PC gaming.

It remains to be seen how performance and quality will be affected but the DX11 and VR update, however with May fast approaching it will hopefully not be long until players can judge this for themselves...

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusive to Windows PC.

rF2 2.jpg
rF2 3.jpg
rF2.png

Additional third party content can be downloaded from a variety of sources, one of which is the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 modding archive. Head over and check out the latest releases for the sim, or alternatively join in the discussion and keep up to date with the latest news at our rFactor 2 sub forum right here at RD. If downloading mods or keeping up to date with the latest news items aren't your thing, you can always sign up to one of our epic Club and League events using the software. We hold regular club racing events in our schedule, however the jewel in our crown is no doubt the RaceDepartment Le Mans Series. This is our premium endurance league using rFactor 2. Head over to the RDLMS forum to find out more!

Looking forward to trying rFactor 2 in DX11 and VR? Which cars do you think will offer the best VR experience in the game? Do you think DX11 will provide a significant improvement in the graphics of the title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Please do tell :)

Well, most of the stuff is pretty well known for the majority of people reading sim news on a regular base. I am looking forward to how dirt racing gets more refined in sim racing, as especialy the iRacing implementation look pretty damn good. I am not really a iRacing guy nor do I have the money to pay for it, but the dirt tuff looks really interesting from a technical standpoint. Next to all the other stuff, like GTR3, PCars 2, "not rF3", GRally, Kartsim, Reiza 17, upcoming stuff for rF2, AMS updates etc etc. Not saying I will like all of it, but I will try it for sure :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%