first simracing experience

Hi,
today i was thinking about how i join the simracing world.
I found rfactor as 'gift' in a pc megazine 2 years ago,then i try it with 1979 mod and a joypad :D after that i decide to improve and i buy a thrustmaster rgt.
Two years later i'm an active iracing user and i love nkp over all sims.
And you? how started your simracing experience?

First real sim was GT Legends... Then rFactor. It was about 2 years ago I think, back then I was playing with a controller and never played online...

10 months ago my brother's friend lend us a Black Momo, 1 week later after getting used to the heel and toe I did my first online race here at RD, Mid America in the Boss 302 Series, where I finished 4th and 6th out of 20+ :)

From there I went on, until about 5 months ago where I got a G27 ! The rest is history and here I am ! :p

Of course I played a lot of racing games before that, Forza and others, with a steering wheel so...

the first sim that i real started to play was rfactor 2 or 3 years ago, i started with a keybord, moved to a joypad, then i started racing online, made a season in a rfactor league and bougth gtr evolution along with race07, then i came to Racedepartment, only some months ago i changed from a joypad to a wheel, i bougth a driving force gt

November 2010 was when i discovered Race On and GTR Evo. I did console sims before that, GT series, Forza , F1 but now i prefer pc sims. The only console sim I currently play is Forza 4. I also play GT Legends and just reinstalled rFactor. I'm pretty hooked on GT Legends right now. I think i'm going for IRacing in the new year,if i can get myself off of GT Legends lol! . I'm not even online with GTL and i love it!:)

71YT184RSXL.gif

I used to play GT2 with one of these:p

I started with rFactor at the end of 2008. I played with keyboard, all aids and still spent most of my time on the grass. Then I started using a joystick (of all things) to drive. Then midway through 2009 I got a joypad, and I kept it until about July 2011. Then I got a brand new Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience for a tenner, which died within 3 months. Then I got a G27 and I'm loving it!
I was gradually turning off each aid 1 by 1 until I was driving with no aids on my TM.
Since 2008 I'm probably 10-15 seconds per lap faster. All of this with rFactor.
I dabbled with GP4 many times but I could never get it to agree with ANY of my controllers (stick, pad or wheel) so I've completely given up on it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%