first race of new formula e season

looks like proper racing to me, bit like a mix between kart and formula ford. wish they would not only do these street courses where you always have the boxed in visuals but also do two or three of the smaller venues like tsukuba or brands indy in open space, would look great. i think overall they are moving in the right direction.

Just watched it on Quest which is the free broadcaster here in the UK.
Like the attack mode but wish they'd do away with the fan boost. What a drive from Vernge in a good opener for the season.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised. I watched the highlights on Eurosport and quite enjoyed the race. Attack Mode actually made a lot more sense than the terrible theories that some 'anti-FE' forum members came up with - it's more like a Joker lap in RX than anything 'Mario Kart'.

The circuit wasn't bad either, although I agree the use of some more traditional circuits would be a welcome addition.

just watched a report on German sportsshow "Sportschau" which also highlighted the politics behind this. Especially German and American firms (BMW Andretti ???) were in a tight spot, as the guy behind this race was the same crown prince whom european and american agencies accuse of having masterminded the murder of a journalist some weeks back. i had secretely hoped for some sort of backbone sign by bmw or audi in the run up to the race, but ... nothing.

two or three of the smaller venues like tsukuba or brands indy in open space, would look great.
Would love to see them at Brands Hatch, I think they could do the full course, Indy is really small, to me it feels more suited to slower cars.

as the guy behind this race was the same crown prince whom european and american agencies accuse of having masterminded the murder of a journalist some weeks back. i had secretely hoped for some sort of backbone sign by bmw or audi in the run up to the race, but ... nothing.
Don't see that backbone coming from a corporation, they'd only do it if it was there was a massive backlash from the people. In general people don't care about these kind of things, news is just gossip and if the gossip isn't about people they know, they don't care.

F4 is capped at 160bhp, isn't it? FE is 180bhp in economy mode, or 270bhp in qualy mode, so are they just much heavier than F4 cars? I don't get how they can just run away from an FE car otherwise.

just watched a report on German sportsshow "Sportschau" which also highlighted the politics behind this. Especially German and American firms (BMW Andretti ???) were in a tight spot, as the guy behind this race was the same crown prince whom european and american agencies accuse of having masterminded the murder of a journalist some weeks back. i had secretely hoped for some sort of backbone sign by bmw or audi in the run up to the race, but ... nothing.
It’s called Capitalism, dude. Like it or fight it.
Do you think F1 should cancel the brasilIan race next year, because of an outright fascist being President?
I think you wouldn’t. :rolleyes:

i see your point, but i still find it unnerving to have so many race events go to countries where there is a distinct problem with values i cherish. i do not think it is called capitalism, though, trying to whitewash some dark patches is more like it, many of the countries in question do not run a proper capitalist market system.

Sad but true, I think all the top motorsports series follow the money, no matter how it is acquired or by who, as long as they're prepared to shell out for the spectacle.
There is irony in a Formula E race being held in a large oil producing country.
Although these thoughts never occur to me when I'm sitting in my comfy armchair watching and enjoying the race.

i see your point, but i still find it unnerving to have so many race events go to countries where there is a distinct problem with values i cherish. i do not think it is called capitalism, though, trying to whitewash some dark patches is more like it, many of the countries in question do not run a proper capitalist market system.
The values you might cherish are not the ones being promoted by the world‘s „elite“.
Since these are the once who determine the ways of the world, I fear our own way of life will not be congruent with your ethic/moralic pathway...
It’s time for the sheep to rise!

The values you might cherish are not the ones being promoted by the world‘s „elite“.
Since these are the once who determine the ways of the world, I fear our own way of life will not be congruent with your ethic/moralic pathway...
It’s time for the sheep to rise!
There is no such thing as the elites, no ones in control. Humanity is just a bunch of domesticated apes ran by psychopaths. The funny thing about leadership is the average person will run from it then accuse the one who stepped up of being an elitist. "Elitism" is behavior trait brought on by people pushing all decisions onto a small group because they don't want the responsibility.

The people/consumers are paying for all the bad things in the world, we're all complicit, the elites are just meeting the demands of the market, the consumers demands.

I watched a few races last season on NBC.
Racing wasn't bad, but I couldn't watch anymore soley due to one thing.
Due to the lack of engine noise, the tire squeaking drove me nuts.
My eyes are seeing racing but my ears are hearing a basketball game lol

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing