First Person Shoot... Racing!

I came across two interesting "first person view" videos about two of my favourite disciplines on racing, Endurance and Rally. The proliferation of the small GoPro and similar cammeras it's making it easier for us to go into a territory that was reserved for the few lucky ones that have our dream as job.

On the first one you can follow Audi team in a typical WEC weekend and follow from driver's POV the usual situations on this kind of competition.

[youtube]

The second one not only talks us about the sport, but about the whole day of Martin Semerád, celebrations included.

[youtube]

Maybe in the future we will be able to experience something close to this in our simulators with the development of graphics, but for now this is the best way to see what a professional driver sees, hope you enjoy them.
View the Post on the Blog

The games already look like this. F1 2012 has that sequence before you get into a car when you talk to your mechanic (at least what I've seen in gameplay videos). The reason because they don't put out-of-car fps stuff in driver games is because, well, it's about driving xD you don't want to spend time walking from your hotel to the pits, or taking the whole itinerary in rallies.. xD

btw, when did skaters become rally drivers?

The games already look like this. F1 2012 has that sequence before you get into a car when you talk to your mechanic (at least what I've seen in gameplay videos). The reason because they don't put out-of-car fps stuff in driver games is because, well, it's about driving xD you don't want to spend time walking from your hotel to the pits, or taking the whole itinerary in rallies.. xD

btw, when did skaters become rally drivers?
since Kenny from the Block decided to give it a go. The funny thing is that when Löeb decided to try the X-games, supposedly Block's turf, he obliterated them skater drivers.

How do they film the person in the first video. Does he have a camera sticking out from his back or how does that work.

Makes for some great footage thats for sure.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back