PC2 First News of Project CARS 2 DLC Packs Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 DLC and Pre Order Details Revealed.png

Well the game isn't out until around September 2017 but already we get our first look at some of the DLC due to be added to Project CARS 2 post go live later this year...

DLC or additional paid content is now seen as an essential way to extend the life expectancy and financial position of a game long after the original release, be it on console or PC and regardless of genre. Some love this new found industry policy and some yearn for the days of buying a physical disk in the shop and having the full and final package available from day one. However in 2017 DLC content post release is as inevitable as a poor Jeremy Clarkson pun or a misjudged Ferrari pitstop strategy, and Project CARS 2 will be no different from it's immediate PC and console rivals in that respect, with fresh news of some upcoming DLC packs that should be made available for the game once it releases toward the end of 2017.

Coming to light as part of the pre-order details surrounding the title, fans have now been made aware of two new DLC packs due to be added to the simulation and they contain a nice mix of iconic road and racing cars.

Following on from the trend started by Assetto Corsa, one of the packs coming to Project CARS 2 will focus on cars of a Japanese origin, with four attractive sounding machines from the land of the rising sun due to make their way to the sim, mixing up desirable road and race machines of both the real and concept car variety. The Japanese pack has come to light as it is due to form part of the package available to players who purchase the 'Project CARS 2 Ultra Edition' and as such individual DLC pack prices and release dates remain unannounced at this moment in time. You can check out the details of the cars due to be included below -

Japanese Car Pack:
  • Nissan’s infamous Group A R32 Skyline GT-R
  • Nissan’s sublime 280ZX GTX race car
  • The Euro-spec’ Honda Civic Type R, a modern day hot-hatch
  • Honda's 2&4 Concept Car—get a feel for the future with this 13,000rpm collaboration between automotive and motorcycle design that screams performance
As part of the same 'Ultra Edition' pre order deal, details of another exclusive release package have surfaced in the form of the Motorsports Pack DLC, however this collection of cars will not be released for the general public to purchase and will instead release as exclusive content to players who buy either the Ultra Edition, Collectors Edition or DLC Season Pass licence. Again containing four cars, the 'Motorsports Pack' is limited to some incredible racing cars of years past, from the 1974 Jaguar E-Type to the very recent TCR specification Opel (Vauxhall over here in Blighty) Astra TCR, a first official inclusion of a TCR specification car in a modern racing simulation. You can check out the contents of the exclusive 'Motorsports Pack' DLC below -

Motorsports Pack (Exclusive to Season Pass owners and/or Collector’s, and/or Ultra Edition owners).
  • The 1974 Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44—beauty, speed, and an absolute motoring icon
  • The Panoz Esperante GTR-1—a ’90s GT stalwart
  • The Audi 1991 V8 DTM—a DTM legend with 460hp @ 9,500RPM
  • The 2016 Opel Astra TCR—a 300hp Touring Car monster
Additionally as has become normal practice in the gaming industry SMS will be making available a 'Season Pass' opportunity for gamers who anticipate purchasing all the DLC for Project CARS 2. Much like with other modern games, the Season Pass will be priced at a lower cost that purchasing each DLC individually and will make available all new DLCs plus some exclusive content mentioned above immediately upon release of the relevant pack.

Season Pass
"Project CARS 2 will be fully-supported post-launch with new, bold additional content featuring dozens of cars, as well as many tracks that will enhance and extend the overall experience. All these additional contents will be available to Season Pass holders the instant they are released at no charge"

For those of you interested in the limited edition 'Ultra Edition' Project CARS 2, the game is available to pre order on all platforms now and contains the following features:
  • Limited to only 1,000 copies
  • Includes the full Project CARS 2 game in an exclusively designed, premium-packaged Steelbook™ case, the world’s most sought-after collectable packaging
  • A 1/12 scale resin model car of the gorgeous McLaren 720S in one-off SMS-R Stealth Satin
  • The McLaren 720S Sketchbook: Take a unique journey through the development of this ground-breaking supercar. Exclusively created in partnership with the design team from McLaren, the book lifts the covers on the making of the 720S, including never-before-seen early sketches and models, clays and renders, and guides you all the way through to the final production of McLaren’s new supercar
  • The Project Cars 2 Art Book: A beautifully crafted book that takes you behind the scenes to reveal how the raw excitement of the racing world has been brought to life in the virtual realm. Featuring exclusive images taken throughout the development process, the 200-page book demonstrates the immense attention to detail that is the hallmark of the game, whilst showcasing the stunning new cars and true-to-life locations that make this the world’s premiere motorsports game
  • The Esport Live VIP Pass: Present this pass to any Slightly Mad Studios, or Bandai Namco staff member at Project CARS Esports live events anywhere in the world, and you will be treated to the full benefits that come from being a Project CARS VIP. Meet the team, jump to the front of the queue, or maybe even pick up some free swag!
  • An individually-numbered, embroidered Snapback cap
  • A stunning Project CARS 2 poster signed by the SMS team as well as the real-world drivers who make up Team SMS-R
  • A Project CARS 2 Sticker Sheet: Unique and stunning Project CARS, SMS-R, and Esports imagery and iconography
  • The exclusive Japanese Cars Pack. Revel in iconic JDM machinery with this added content that features four cars from iconic Japanese manufacturers Honda and Nissan:
  • Nissan’s infamous Group A R32 Skyline GT-R
  • Nissan’s sublime 280ZX GTX race car
  • The Euro-spec’ Honda Civic Type R, a modern day hot-hatch
  • Honda's 2&4 Concept Car—get a feel for the future with this 13,000rpm collaboration between automotive and motorcycle design that screams performance
  • The Season Pass: Project CARS 2 will be fully-supported post-launch with new, bold additional content featuring dozens of cars, as well as many tracks that will enhance and extend the overall experience. All these additional contents will be available to Season Pass holders the instant they are released at no charge
  • The Motorsport Pack*: Exclusively available to Season Pass holders, this exclusive, bonus pack of fan-favourite race cars includes:
  • The 1974 Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44—beauty, speed, and an absolute motoring icon
  • The Panoz Esperante GTR-1—a ’90s GT stalwart
  • The Audi 1991 V8 DTM—a DTM legend with 460hp @ 9,500RPM
  • The 2016 Opel Astra TCR—a 300hp Touring Car monster
    *This content is not available for purchase, and only available to Season Pass holders, and/or Collector’s, and/or Ultra Edition owners

Project CARS 2 is scheduled for a release around September 2017 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as well as on PC via the Steam network.

Project CARS 2 - 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 21.jpg

Want to know more about Project CARS 2? Fancy chatting to fellow game enthusiasts about what is known so far, or simply just to speculate on what the game could feature on release? Well look no further! Head over to the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with the community discussion right now!

Like the look of the first announced DLC's? Any car strike your fancy particularly? Will you be digging deep in the pockets for the Ultra Edition of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Deleted member 113561

1. Wow - you sure are taken lightly of the AAA titles when Rocket League's budget is just 2M USD and its a Double A Game. Gran Turismo 5's budget was 60M USD (excluding the marketing they did just for the advertisements) - and that's a AAA Racing Game. Thanks for making yourself look like a fool comparing a game that disguises itself as a Triple A game when it is a Double A game at the end of the day.
It says on multiple website in the web that it is an AAA game!
I don't care what other games are - Project CARS 1 is an AAA game - thats a fact. No other source claims something different aswell. As I told you: Google and you'll find enough sources that proof my point.
Looking through your post history: Ahhh youre an Assetto Corsa fanboy - that explains it - jealous of PCARS?

2. You sure have a weird definition of mod - of course its a mod, but the sole purpose of the mod is to patch and fix most of the left behind bugs that the developers left behind. It is called as a "Community Patch" for a reason and classified as a mod cause it is not an official modification by the developers.

So adding a car (mod) falls under "sole purpose ... is to patch and fix most of the left behind bugs..." ... - you're contradicting yourself - as a modder you should know better

Youre wrong, cars being not to your taste is not a bug.
In your so called "community patch" - they modify values of the vehicles files (like physics, tires, collision etc.), nothing was broken at those cars, they worked ingame and approximately had correct handling.
For the guy(s) doing this so called "patch" the handling was not to their taste, so they MODified the cars to what they believe would be better values. Otherwise every car you import from another game would be a fix.
The point is, that the behavior of those cars is intended behavior, the same goes for the magnet effect, so these are per definition not bugs.
LEARN first please what a bug is, before you post something about it.

And no, the magnet effect doesn't happen in real life like it will drag you all the way out of the track.
Wow - can you read? Read my post before yours more carefully. SMS thought that this behavior is realistic, they fix it for PCARS 2 (at least thats what they say).
And before you say its a bug: NO ITS NOT, as this was intended behavior, that makes it a game design error.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking through your post history: Ahhh youre an Assetto Corsa fanboy - that explains it - jealous of PCARS?

What are you talking about? So you are a fanboy of a single racing game? Jeez - no wonder, I've criticized a lot of things when it comes to Racing Sim even including Assetto Corsa, especially their forever inaccurate BMW Z4 GT3.

Just look at my Discuss over at VirtualR about everything to what I've said about their Z4.

You have no idea how much I've appreciate the modeling skills of SMS when it comes to cars even their UVMapping.

:D I like your post like this, less ranting more serious talk :D

Hey, no hard feelings man and I do prefer a solid debate to an argument any day :thumbsup:. Sometimes we also need to vent some frustration though and rant a bit. Lets face it, we all know how harsh we can get when it comes to our sims of choice that we are all very passionate about. But we all love the same hobby irrespective of our sim of choice and that unites us on some level.
Just do me one favor if you will indulge me please? If you see a post that pisses you off, just read it a couple of times so that you can be 100% sure where its coming from. If you don't agree with the post and it upsets you, just chew on it a little while before you respond? In the interaction between you and I, you felt entirely justified in reporting me for "lies and spreading hate", which wasn't what my post was actually about. That came as quite a surprise to me and the rest is history. If you popped me a couple of questions to clarify my statements that you found to be unacceptable and I acted like a troll in my response, then by all means I deserve to be treated as such. I believe that our interaction would have been much more positive from the very beginning and we could have had a pleasant all round discussion.

So here's to shaking hands:), having great chats and really hoping PC2 is going to be what we hope it to be. :D

How can you call Project CARS a AAA Game when it was crowd-funded via WMD from the very beginning?

Excuse me for interjecting and funding models aside though. The release price was definitely not on the level most indie games are pitched at. It was very well marketed, had a comparable price to a triple A grade title at the time and that put it square in the perception of customers that it was AAA grade which is exactly what was expected of it and what is precisely what we expect of PC2 now. It was also an Oculus release title which solidified that perception in the mind of customers. Budget and the funding model may not have been on the same level as something like Forza or GT though... But the marketing machine pushed it on a very similar, if not the same, level.

Double A games are good at making it look like it is a Triple A game, its not new when it comes to quality.

Like for instance, the fact that SMS wasn't able to license Suzuka International Circuit on the first game (they combined three legendary tracks of Japan into one - Suzuka, Fuji, and Motegi), but in S2U Suzuka is license (since yeah - it is NFS, EA and their money in short), but now we're getting an actual Fuji Speedway on pCARS2.

Assetto Corsa, despite on how it looks - it is a Double A Racing Game but almost visually it looks like it is a Triple A, but it is not. The same goes with DiRT Rally, GRID Autosport, and even GTR2 (another SMS with SimBin' proud game).

Also - don't get me wrong everyone, I'm not ranting about Project CARS - I'm merely criticizing their approach. I did the same thing for Assetto Corsa (their very bad UVMapping and inaccurate car models - Z4 GT3 as one of the good examples), Forza (DRM on Windows 10 causes too much hardware stress), Gran Turismo (which is to this date sounds like a stupid vacuum - even GT Sport), RRRE (their practice of pricing their "DLCs"), etc.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

Like for instance, the fact that SMS wasn't able to license Suzuka International Circuit on the first game (they combined three legendary tracks of Japan into one - Suzuka, Fuji, and Motegi)
They haven't license it for Project CARS 2 sofar aswell.

Ian Bell said at GTPlanet that the license costs waaaaay too much - I heard they could buy 3 good tracks from the same money. And I agree with him if its true.
"Yes. We really wanted to do the normal Suzuka but they are a little insane on pricing. Their problem. We are working on it." (Source gtplanet.net - Q&A with @IanBell)

Jesus H Christ there some colossally stupid people here. These are aimed at the fans of the game so no wonder the haters are bitching. IT'S a PRODUCT YOU'LL NEVER BUY....it's NOT aimed at you FFS. Jeez I love Pcars and I'm NOT buying these pre order packages!

As long as the exclusive cars end up as standard DLC I'll be happy.

But, I will let the immortal words of Ian Bell speak for themselves.

cg4TlE9.png

At the end of the day, SMS is a company, with employees who have families. As such, they need to be able to feed, cloth and put a roof over their heads. That doesn't come with "atta-boys" from the internet, that comes from currency.

Ian has a lot of people depending on him to keep those things happening. Do you work for free? Likely not. So yes there will be decisions made by SMS, or any company for that matter, that customers do not agree with... But at the end of the day, they are providing a living for the people they employ and decisions have to be made to allow them to stay employed.

Remember GOD (Gathering Of Developers)? They started their company trying to make it run like they believed software companies should be run. There is a reason they failed...

If they really want to get people excited about pcars2 they should release an update to pcars prior to pc2 release redoing all the controller and ffb profiles to show us what we have to look forward to. As it stands all these promos is like a replay of the pcars pre release hype.

For that absurd price, I'd ask for the most expensive version of the game to be delivered right by my door by Ian Bell in person and that he then takes me to dinner to a fancy restaurant with his Ferrari like he promised to do to the premium backers of pCARS1 that would fund his game for £10.000 each.

For that absurd price, I'd ask for the most expensive version of the game to be delivered right by my door by Ian Bell in person and that he then takes me to dinner to a fancy restaurant with his Ferrari like he promised to do to the premium backers of pCARS1 that would fund his game for £10.000 each.

You don't have the worry about the Ultra price, they are already sold out...

@neuer31, you must have a hard time between those
So we can conclude:
Destiny = Bad? Star Citizen = Bad? Battlefield = Bad? Fallout = Bad? Dead Space = Bad?
Call of Duty = Bad? Assassins Creed = Bad? Watch Dogs = Bad? The Last of Us = Bad?
etc. etc. etc.

Its called good marketing ... and SMS doesn't do the marketing, Bandai Namco does.

<snip>
Mod edited

Last edited by a moderator:
Understandable that they haven't, heck even Kunos can't despite the track was on the top choices on their poll. To this day, no Suzuka, no JGTC/SGT. A promise that was broken.
I'm not sure about this, but did Kunos commit to actually getting Suzuka and JGTC/SGT content officially in game or were those top requests from their community on the pols asking us what we would like to have next? If they committed by stating formally it would actually be in game then your comment of a broken promise is spot on. If not then it's the result of a poll only to gauge what the community would like to have and where no commitments were actually made and it very is possible that they couldn't secure the rights because of the sheer cost to get the Suzuka license. We've also been asking for a full on version of LeMans which they categorically stated won't happen. Now that's a promise I pray they do break :thumbsup:

Reactions: mms
Apparently - I have no idea why KUNOS even released the poll when all they did is to follow "what's on demand" by the AC community. They'll even ignore fixes that could have made the game really well even by aesthetics cause really in real life, it happens, but its not on the game - and I'm not talking about Day2Night Transition, I'm talking about the fact that every cars in-game should support the Chrome/Nickel-plated shaders.

This was planned but it never happened which is nuts cause even pCARS supports this.

Its a practice KUNOS needs to get rid off really - cause they claim that it is "part of their country's tradition" or something, but didn't you guys made AC by thinking out of the box once in a while? - I mean Python combined with Visual C++ was a radical move.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back