PC2 First News of Project CARS 2 DLC Packs Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 DLC and Pre Order Details Revealed.png

Well the game isn't out until around September 2017 but already we get our first look at some of the DLC due to be added to Project CARS 2 post go live later this year...

DLC or additional paid content is now seen as an essential way to extend the life expectancy and financial position of a game long after the original release, be it on console or PC and regardless of genre. Some love this new found industry policy and some yearn for the days of buying a physical disk in the shop and having the full and final package available from day one. However in 2017 DLC content post release is as inevitable as a poor Jeremy Clarkson pun or a misjudged Ferrari pitstop strategy, and Project CARS 2 will be no different from it's immediate PC and console rivals in that respect, with fresh news of some upcoming DLC packs that should be made available for the game once it releases toward the end of 2017.

Coming to light as part of the pre-order details surrounding the title, fans have now been made aware of two new DLC packs due to be added to the simulation and they contain a nice mix of iconic road and racing cars.

Following on from the trend started by Assetto Corsa, one of the packs coming to Project CARS 2 will focus on cars of a Japanese origin, with four attractive sounding machines from the land of the rising sun due to make their way to the sim, mixing up desirable road and race machines of both the real and concept car variety. The Japanese pack has come to light as it is due to form part of the package available to players who purchase the 'Project CARS 2 Ultra Edition' and as such individual DLC pack prices and release dates remain unannounced at this moment in time. You can check out the details of the cars due to be included below -

Japanese Car Pack:
  • Nissan’s infamous Group A R32 Skyline GT-R
  • Nissan’s sublime 280ZX GTX race car
  • The Euro-spec’ Honda Civic Type R, a modern day hot-hatch
  • Honda's 2&4 Concept Car—get a feel for the future with this 13,000rpm collaboration between automotive and motorcycle design that screams performance
As part of the same 'Ultra Edition' pre order deal, details of another exclusive release package have surfaced in the form of the Motorsports Pack DLC, however this collection of cars will not be released for the general public to purchase and will instead release as exclusive content to players who buy either the Ultra Edition, Collectors Edition or DLC Season Pass licence. Again containing four cars, the 'Motorsports Pack' is limited to some incredible racing cars of years past, from the 1974 Jaguar E-Type to the very recent TCR specification Opel (Vauxhall over here in Blighty) Astra TCR, a first official inclusion of a TCR specification car in a modern racing simulation. You can check out the contents of the exclusive 'Motorsports Pack' DLC below -

Motorsports Pack (Exclusive to Season Pass owners and/or Collector’s, and/or Ultra Edition owners).
  • The 1974 Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44—beauty, speed, and an absolute motoring icon
  • The Panoz Esperante GTR-1—a ’90s GT stalwart
  • The Audi 1991 V8 DTM—a DTM legend with 460hp @ 9,500RPM
  • The 2016 Opel Astra TCR—a 300hp Touring Car monster
Additionally as has become normal practice in the gaming industry SMS will be making available a 'Season Pass' opportunity for gamers who anticipate purchasing all the DLC for Project CARS 2. Much like with other modern games, the Season Pass will be priced at a lower cost that purchasing each DLC individually and will make available all new DLCs plus some exclusive content mentioned above immediately upon release of the relevant pack.

Season Pass
"Project CARS 2 will be fully-supported post-launch with new, bold additional content featuring dozens of cars, as well as many tracks that will enhance and extend the overall experience. All these additional contents will be available to Season Pass holders the instant they are released at no charge"

For those of you interested in the limited edition 'Ultra Edition' Project CARS 2, the game is available to pre order on all platforms now and contains the following features:
  • Limited to only 1,000 copies
  • Includes the full Project CARS 2 game in an exclusively designed, premium-packaged Steelbook™ case, the world’s most sought-after collectable packaging
  • A 1/12 scale resin model car of the gorgeous McLaren 720S in one-off SMS-R Stealth Satin
  • The McLaren 720S Sketchbook: Take a unique journey through the development of this ground-breaking supercar. Exclusively created in partnership with the design team from McLaren, the book lifts the covers on the making of the 720S, including never-before-seen early sketches and models, clays and renders, and guides you all the way through to the final production of McLaren’s new supercar
  • The Project Cars 2 Art Book: A beautifully crafted book that takes you behind the scenes to reveal how the raw excitement of the racing world has been brought to life in the virtual realm. Featuring exclusive images taken throughout the development process, the 200-page book demonstrates the immense attention to detail that is the hallmark of the game, whilst showcasing the stunning new cars and true-to-life locations that make this the world’s premiere motorsports game
  • The Esport Live VIP Pass: Present this pass to any Slightly Mad Studios, or Bandai Namco staff member at Project CARS Esports live events anywhere in the world, and you will be treated to the full benefits that come from being a Project CARS VIP. Meet the team, jump to the front of the queue, or maybe even pick up some free swag!
  • An individually-numbered, embroidered Snapback cap
  • A stunning Project CARS 2 poster signed by the SMS team as well as the real-world drivers who make up Team SMS-R
  • A Project CARS 2 Sticker Sheet: Unique and stunning Project CARS, SMS-R, and Esports imagery and iconography
  • The exclusive Japanese Cars Pack. Revel in iconic JDM machinery with this added content that features four cars from iconic Japanese manufacturers Honda and Nissan:
  • Nissan’s infamous Group A R32 Skyline GT-R
  • Nissan’s sublime 280ZX GTX race car
  • The Euro-spec’ Honda Civic Type R, a modern day hot-hatch
  • Honda's 2&4 Concept Car—get a feel for the future with this 13,000rpm collaboration between automotive and motorcycle design that screams performance
  • The Season Pass: Project CARS 2 will be fully-supported post-launch with new, bold additional content featuring dozens of cars, as well as many tracks that will enhance and extend the overall experience. All these additional contents will be available to Season Pass holders the instant they are released at no charge
  • The Motorsport Pack*: Exclusively available to Season Pass holders, this exclusive, bonus pack of fan-favourite race cars includes:
  • The 1974 Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44—beauty, speed, and an absolute motoring icon
  • The Panoz Esperante GTR-1—a ’90s GT stalwart
  • The Audi 1991 V8 DTM—a DTM legend with 460hp @ 9,500RPM
  • The 2016 Opel Astra TCR—a 300hp Touring Car monster
    *This content is not available for purchase, and only available to Season Pass holders, and/or Collector’s, and/or Ultra Edition owners

Project CARS 2 is scheduled for a release around September 2017 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as well as on PC via the Steam network.

Project CARS 2 - 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 21.jpg

Want to know more about Project CARS 2? Fancy chatting to fellow game enthusiasts about what is known so far, or simply just to speculate on what the game could feature on release? Well look no further! Head over to the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with the community discussion right now!

Like the look of the first announced DLC's? Any car strike your fancy particularly? Will you be digging deep in the pockets for the Ultra Edition of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

You are one of the reasons we pay more for software these days. You cannot justify any pirating here and it doesn't matter how you paint it. You are lucky I'm not a moderator here.:thumbsdown:
Then = dont buy games if u test it and you like it, dont support the good devs just **** them.
Thats your logic? im a customer who likes to see what im buying, and then im the reason you are paying more for software?.

I think you are paying more because of the people who just prebuy games whitout even testing them ;)

I was a pCARS backer, so somehow I'm confident in what developers are capable of. But, since I didn't back the #2, I don't know, I need something to see how it is improved. I don't have so much time to play every sim I have, therefore I won't buy it at day one and for sure not at a fancy price.
I totally share your sentiment on that. I also have serious time constraints making it very difficult to get any game time, so the steam refund option only really works well for something that doesn't require much time to figure out. All eyes are on this one and a lot of simracers out there are skeptical, not because PC1 was totally crap but more the way sms handled some support issues and features that were dropped after we have already had the title for a while, eagerly awaiting them "as they are coming in the next update". Then not being able to get refunds because of the poorly managed expectations after quite some time had passed. They patched and optimized the title to sort stuff out but their conduct wasn't that great. After 6-8 months we should have a clear idea whether promises were kept, whether PC2 is crap or worth the investment. If it ticks those boxes and there are a lot of great reviews then I'll be on it like a pack of dogs on a 3 legged cat. If not, then I'll wait and see what GTR3 looks like using the same formula.
I took a gamble on AC when it was still in early access and struck gold. But with all gambles mostly one loses, as was the case for me sadly with PC1 on day 1. That may not have been the case 8 months down the line after some fixes and optimization had happened. This time around I would prefer to take a calculated risk instead.

Last edited:
You can get everything R3E has to offer at the moment for about 65 euro I believe.
Wrong info.
Price for all content depends on what you already own. And if you start with R3E and then buy all content, you will pay more, a lot more. Moreover, once you bought "all content" there is still more new DLC (tracks and cars - and liveries - ) Not that I mind, I bought it, nobody forced me to.

well, i pirated automobilista, i saw it was good and then bought it + season pass
i pirated RF2 (old builds) saw it was good and bought it.
i pirated Euro Truck Sim 2, saw it was good and bought it.
and the same with GTR2, Assetto corsa, and a lot of games.
You should feel bad if u use pirating to just play for free and not for testing the games before wasting money on them.
and i didnt bought Project Cars because i got dissapointed when it was getting sold as a sim and then PC1 happened.

This came to mind...."honest thief eh" :)
ICEBERG AHEAD!!!

Its not about HOW you write - its the content which is in 95% of the cases straight out WRONG

Sure PCARS has a lot of bugs, thats a fact. But people tend to exaggerate a lot.
You can't fix ALL BUGS anyways. No game is 100% bug free - its pretty much impossible.
Shown bug is a small annoyance, nothing game breaking here. Afair it happens only with AI.
Bugs that are really problematic would be: Camber bug & Multiplayer slots bug

Uh...The references you posted in the above post ( I edited it for length) do not make up 95% of his post. They may make up approximately half of his post, which ,(If I am not mistaken), may constitute 50% of his original post.

Where do you get the 95% without sounding like an unabashed PCars fanboi who appears unwilling to accept any criticism of the game?

Yes, I know I am parsing here but if you are going to accuse someone of posting a reply that contains "95%" lies, then it darn well better contain "95%" lies in its content. If it does not then one could end up looking like a fanboi who will resort to wild-eyed, Trumpian verbal ejaculations that one can never hope to adequately back-up.

Truth is that his post was, to the most part, accurate, and did not even cover the majority of the problems with PCars 1.

I get wanting to support the game. I still play it and participate in leagues every week. I learned to overcome much of the issues with unrealistic handling set-ups and such, but am left wondering if the support of PCars 2 is going to be just as shoddy as the PCars 1 support.

Which we all know was cursory at best.

I want PCars 2 to be real good, I want it to be the best so I can stop pumping money into iRacing just so I can get a reliable race every night. I wanna buy PCars 2, all the DLC and never have to go anywhere else for my sim racing fun.

But to blind myself of the poor support of PCars 1, get angry at the haters, to exaggerate other's claims because they do not like the game like I might, will not make the game better. It just makes me unable/unwilling to see things realistically.

Then = dont buy games if u test it and you like it, dont support the good devs just **** them.
Thats your logic? im a customer who likes to see what im buying, and then im the reason you are paying more for software?.

I think you are paying more because of the people who just prebuy games whitout even testing them ;)
Got it. So if you write a book, your life's work, and hope to sell it and make a bunch of money on it, you won't mind if millions pirate it to see if they like it.

Of course all those pirated copies of your book mean that you are missing out on millions of dollars, but it is ok as they are just testing it. Right? All the way to the last page. Then, of course, if they like it they will actually give you money.

I am sorry, I do not follow your logic. Perhaps you could explain it in a manner that does not suggest that you are more than willing to resort to theft to get what you want.

Where do you get the 95% without sounding like an unabashed PCars fanboi who appears unwilling to accept any criticism of the game?

Yes, I know I am parsing here but if you are going to accuse someone of posting a reply that contains "95%" lies, then it darn well better contain "95%" lies in its content. If it does not then one could end up looking like a fanboi who will resort to wild-eyed, Trumpian verbal ejaculations that one can never hope to adequately back-up.
Truth is that his post was, to the most part, accurate, and did not even cover the majority of the problems with PCars 1.
Which we all know was cursory at best.
`...
But to blind myself of the poor support of PCars 1, get angry at the haters, to exaggerate other's claims because they do not like the game like I might, will not make the game better. It just makes me unable/unwilling to see things realistically.

Well said mate. Like I said in my initial post, that was my experience with PC1 and to be brutally honest I really wanted to love the game. Unfortunately I feel let down by a number of factors but doesn't make someone a hater because they feel let down... I still play it warts and all (sometimes) + from a VR perspective, it's off the wall, nothing even comes close. Fact is I am not the only one that is skeptical and would rather wait a while before committing to a potentially great game as it can be a really good one stop shop. But no title is perfect as I also stated, so the idea is not to bash anything or anyone. What gets me is quoting numbers and baseless accusations and not substantiating what was said. If I'm wrong about something I don't have an ego problem and will admit it without any issues. But then state categorically why I am believed to be wrong and one can have a positive debate about it. At the end if worse comes to worse one can agree to disagree. "Reported for spreading lies and hatred" though? Now that's a left fielder that I honestly cannot see where it came from, so it was one heck of a surprise to say the least.

Anyways have a good one and hoping PC2 will live up to good expectations :D

That was not true at release / in the beginning. DLCs were pretty expensive. Now its possible though.
Its a bit unfair comparison that you compare prices at release and after a couple of years - of course prices are dropping a lot over time.

The guy I was replying to was not talking about prices on release. And as I've also mentioned - PCars GOTY is still 50 euro right now on Steam, two years after release.

Chaps / everybody....can I just calm the buzz here.

OK we have ALL voiced our opinion, good, bad and ugly. It's "their" plan right or wrong in our eyes, they are the key holder and key maker, it's up to us to see if we want to use that to unlock the door.

So please, from now on, keep your opinions factual, and please say / mention its your personal opinion..

We don't need a Sim Fan Based Scene here :D

We all love freedom of speech, but lets keep it like this and clean and fair and professional

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

The guy I was replying to was not talking about prices on release. And as I've also mentioned - PCars GOTY is still 50 euro right now on Steam, two years after release.
Its 21€ if you look at the right place (keyseller)

Automobilista and all its DLCs are around 35€ at Steam
Project CARS and all its DLCs are around 50€ at Steam
Assetto Corsa and all its DLCs are over 75€ at Steam
Raceroom and all its DLCs are around 100€ at Steam
iRacing and all its DLCs are more than 1000€

So if you take Steam prices, Project CARS has one of the best price ratios

I already busted multiple of his accusations and unveiled them as completely untrue ...
Just read one of my previous posts. Ie. bad AMD GPU performance is infact fault of AMD itself because at around that time they gave **** about their customers and did have very poorly optimized GPU drivers at pretty much all games.
For me 95% is spot on ... 5% because there was little truth in it (ie. FFB being not so good - its not poor as hell though, otherwise iRacing and every simcade would have what? Worse than hell?) - honestly In a normal forum this guy would have gotten a time out, but we're not a normal forum here, we're at Racedepartment ...

Unwilling to accept critism? Are you blind? I stated multiple times that PCARS has bugs in it ... I also said that releasing a game with so many bugs is really sh**** .... but just keep ignoring that ... because you just want to bash and hate on PCARS ... idk why - is it because youre bored? Youre a fanboy of a game that lost customers to SMS? Jealousy because a crowdfunded game pretty much had a big impact in sim community?

@Graham Botha:
What you wrote has nothing to do with honesty - I would rather call it: Spreading lies - because thats what it is.
Everyone can check if its true what you said - and will come to the same conclusion as me. But no one cares about that here. This thread has become worse than some comment sections at prc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years