First Mercedes AMG GT3 Image RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
2017-03-25 2029 0001.jpg

The first early in game image of the Mercedes AMG GT3 car for RaceRoom Racing Experience has surfaced, showing the level of progress already achieved by the studio.

Following the very recent release of the BMW M6 GT3 and announcements of the upcoming McLaren 650S, the Callaway Corvette C7 and Audi R8 LMS joining the already released Bentley Continental GT3, RaceRoom and Sector3 are doing a good job of bringing the latest specification GT3 cars to a game that is heavily focussed on the very popular class of Grand Touring specification racing.

Having announced the licence agreement with the German manufacturers all the way back in July last year around, many fans are eager to see where the development stands with the new car. In answer to the constant requests for a progress update, Sector3 Studios J-F Chardon posted this little in game preview image of the car, and confirmed that the studio are still working hard to get the machine ready for a public release. Unfortunately those hoping for a relatively quick public launch might be a bit disappointed as it looks like plenty of work remains in order to get the vehicle in a release ready state. Chardon went on to say "It was added in the engine, now it's all about receiving liveries, physics and sounds + AI"! So fans may well have to wait a little bit longer before the latest and greatest from Stuttgart is available to drive in RaceRoom Racing Experience.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation exclusive to PC. Additional content can be purchased via the RaceRoom Store.

Don't forget to check out our awesome RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum to stay abreast of all the latest news and discussions regarding the title. Check out our setups forum where you can download a community created car setup, or have a look at our thriving Racing Club for the game, a place where all skill and experience levels are welcomed to come along and enjoy the racing action online with friends.

Looking forward to some more modern GT3 machinery in RaceRoom? Do you like the Mercedes AMG GT3? Which cars would you like to see adding to the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

I wasn't expecting the Merc to be added as well so this is a nice piece of news.

Can't wait to see what the sound team have done with the AMG GT! :inlove:

As @Celestiale mentions it would be nice to have Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini. Not 100% sure but I guess the issue with those three is probably licensing (especially with Porsche).

With the popularity of the Hurracan in GT3 though that one would be great to have. Until then I'll keep myself happy with the 650S when it's released.

However to have the Corvette, and Audi in soon is still pretty good :thumbsup:

Only issue these days is money. All those brands can be in any game.

Only issue these days is money. All those brands can be in any game.

Not necessarily. That may be the case now but the issue with Porsche for a long time was another company owned the rights to the brand in their games.

That's why it was a bit of a surprise when Assetto Corsa all of a sudden got permission to use their cars. Most titles got round it by using the RUF brand :) I would imagine it must of taken months to get that agreement with them.

I'll keep my fingers crossed but as you say it's down to money, legal and contracts between companies.

That's why it was a bit of a surprise when Assetto Corsa all of a sudden got permission to use their cars. Most titles got round it by using the RUF brand :) I would imagine it must of taken months to get that agreement with them
Indeed, it was a surprise back then. But by now we know, that everyone can have the Porsche license :) Pcars 2 has it, AC, Iracing. No reason why Raceroom shouldn't be able to acquire it as well.

Not necessarily. That may be the case now but the issue with Porsche for a long time was another company owned the rights to the brand in their games.

That's why it was a bit of a surprise when Assetto Corsa all of a sudden got permission to use their cars. Most titles got round it by using the RUF brand :) I would imagine it must of taken months to get that agreement with them.

I'll keep my fingers crossed but as you say it's down to money, legal and contracts between companies.
Forza, iRacing, Need for Speed gotten their hands on a license.
There is a special department for these issues.
Can be done in 2 months.

Flags are coming in the patch next week ;-) Tire compounds will come in the next one.

giphy.gif

Awesome! That's great news. I've got a question, though. I've heard from other sim-racing developers that some manufacturers put a limit on how much damage their cars can sustain in-game. Could that be one of the reasons R3E (and pretty much every other sim-racing game out there) lack a proper damage simulation?

That is true, you can't have flames, you can't make it look unsafe. It should always look as if the driver can leave the car unharmed.

Is it the reason our damage is what it is? I'd love if I could blame it on that :)

It's just one of those things that had been done a certain way and changing this way would mean to redo all the cars from art perspective... so quite hard to prioritize that kind of work on an aging engine doomed to be replaced anyway.

Last edited:
That is true, you can't have flames, you can't make it look unsafe. It should always look as if the driver can leave the car unharmed.

Is it the reason our damage is what it is? I'd love if I could blame it on that :)

It's just one of those things that has been done a certain way and changing this way would mean to redo all the cars from art perspective... so quite hard to prioritize that kind of work on an aging engine doomed to be replaced anyway.

You're doing quite an impressive job with the resources you have available today, but it certainly looks like you guys are eager to move to the new engine. Am I right? By the way, thanks for the honest reply.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%